Whats Up With Mercadolibre These Days?

After my advance payment by RapiPago, here is the vendor`s cynical and only reply to my multiple repeated requests of complete address and exact hours of pick up of my purchase:
"De puede retirar x la tarde en Martín coronado"

How to contact MercadoLibre?
Is there a way to complain to them?
How to get a refund of my payment?
Why is it that you have to pay upfront sight unseen (no other option), and then above and beyond you get the run around?
How would you handle this?

After my advance payment by RapiPago, here is the vendor`s cynical and only reply to my multiple repeated requests of complete address and exact hours of pick up of my purchase:

Why is it that you have to pay upfront sight unseen (no other option), and then above and beyond you get the run around?

Sign into ML and click on your user name (from any page).

Click on "mi cuenta" and then click on "compras" and/or "compras sin calificar."

Start a "reclamo" in the calcification process by clicking on the option that indicates there was a problem and that you have not received the item.

Then send a message to the seller asking for the address and time to pick up the item or tell the seller you want a refund.

The seller will be given three (business) days to respond.

If more than twenty days have passed since the purchase the funds will be made "available" for the seller to withdraw, but you still can make a negative calcification.

That might motivate the seller to perform, but they will not be obligated to do so.

If it's been less than 20 days since the date of purchase, Mercado Libre will freeze the payment until you have the item in your possession or the seller makes a refund. Wait for the seller to perform one way or the other before making the calcification.

PS: I suggest checking every seller's reputation before making a purchase. This can be done by clicking on "ver mas datos de este vendedor" in the "Información sobre el vendedor" box. Then you can see every calirication the seller has ever received and the comments of the buyers...and then make an "educated" buying decision.

Hi Steve:

I simply only want an immediate refund.
Nothing more nothing less.

Not clear how to make out the explanation of the 3 days and 20 days deadlines.

I don't understand what your problem is. Martín Coronado is a train stop. The store is likely there. Once you've completed the purchase you should be able to see the seller's complete direction.

I don't understand what your problem is. Martín Coronado is a train stop. The store is likely there.
Once you've completed the purchase you should be able to see the seller's complete direction
Once you've completed the purchase ... I`ve already paid by RapiPago yesterday. ....
you should be able to see the seller's complete direction ... .. yes I should, but I didn`t .... I got Martín Coronado (incomplete address)

I repeatedly requested the complete address and exact hours of pick up of my purchase.
The vendor`s only reply is:

Not clear how to make out the explanation of the 3 days and 20 days deadlines.
You have 20 days form the date of the purchase to make a claim (reclamo) and demad a refund.

Mercaado Libre will automatically give the seller three days to reply to the claim.

If more than 20 days have already three days to respond to the claim.

If it has been less than twenty days since the purchase and the seller does not respond, Mercado Libre will (eventually) refund the payment.

If it has been more than twenty days since the date of the purchase, the funds will have already been released to the seller

I don't understand what your problem is. Martín Coronado is a train stop. The store is likely there. Once you've completed the purchase you should be able to see the seller's complete direction.

Mercado Libre never reveals the seller's exact street address and they no longer reveal the seller or the buyer's private email addresses...only the phone numbers provided by the respective parties. Unless they elect to share their email addresses, all messages are now sent and received in the ML system.

PS: The general location (Capital Federal, San Isidro, Martin Coronado, Mercedes, etc.) appears in the original publication, but the exact home address of the seller is never required. It's up to the buyer and seller to mutually agree as to the time and place how the pick up or delivery will occur.

Mercado Libre never reveals the sellers address and they no longer reveal the seller or the buyer's private emails...only the phone numbers provided by the respective parties. Unless they elect to share their email addresses, all messages are now sent and received in the ML system.

Are you saying that phoning the vendor is the only way to get their address?
(I only sent the vendor emails).

Mercado Libre never reveals the sellers address ............ even after I have already paid them?

How do I pick up if I don`t have address?

Once you've completed the purchase ... I`ve already paid by RapiPago yesterday. ....
you should be able to see the seller's complete direction ... .. yes I should, but I didn`t .... I got Martín Coronado (incomplete address)

I repeatedly requested the complete address and exact hours of pick up of my purchase.
The vendor`s only reply is:

If you only paid for the item yesterday, there is a chance that the seller has not yet seen the funds accredited to their Mercado Pago account (which is something all sellers should wait for prior to agreeing to hand over the item).

Are you saying that phoning the vendor is the only way to get their address?
(I only sent the vendor emails).

Mercado Libre never reveals the sellers address ............ even after I have already paid them?

How do I pick up if I don`t have address?

Mercado Libre does not and will not reveal the seller's address. Many sellers never give the buyer their home address and prefer to meet the buyer in a "public" place such as a coffee shop or train station.

Yes. it is now the seller's responsibility to provide you with an exact time and place to pick up the item.

You have two ways to make contact with the seller: by email or phone. You have asked for the details and now you have to wait to receive them, but, that being said, you can start a reclamo in a couple days if you haven't heard from the seller.

At least you can relax,a little, knowing your payment is being safely held b Mercado Pago.

Back