Whats Up With Mercadolibre These Days?

I prepaid in advance by MercadoPago on Aug 15.
Vendor did not and does not want to supply pick up location address since last Monday.

I filed a reclamo on Aug 16 for a refund.
ML shut down the vendor on Aug 17. "Publicación pausada" ... "Este vendedor no tiene buena reputación en el sitio."
Checked my reclamo abierto right now, .. and it says:
“Vendador tiene hasta el día 22/ago para responderte”

Seems that my previous understanding of "vendor is given 3 days to respond" is not correct.
Don`t know what is in store next. No idea where is this going.
The more I know, the more I hate ML.

I`d rather prefer their previous system: .. Cash and Carry.
I go to pick up and pay cash ..... and everyone goes home.
No run around for weeks and no end in sight.

One thing I noticed on ML is that it no longer accepts my USA credit cards. They worked fine for 3 years and now no longer do. However they work in all brick and mortor stores in Argentina.

I also cant pay via cash any more on most things I wish to purchase, so it prevents many people from buying!

This! Before I opened up my AR bank account, this was a big issue for me. ML had allowed me to make a purchase with my US card when I first moved here but no more after that. Hate to say it but, misery loves company, and reading your post made me thankful that it's not just me!

Unfortunately, I don't have a solution for it other than using an AR account instead...

On the other hand, I am getting ready to post my first item for sale on ML. It's a macbook, but I'm nervous. Any tips for first time sellers? I am concerned about safety and getting scammed. If there's another post about this, could someone send me the link?

This! Before I opened up my AR bank account, this was a big issue for me. ML had allowed me to make a purchase with my US card when I first moved here but no more after that. Hate to say it but, misery loves company, and reading your post made me thankful that it's not just me!

Unfortunately, I don't have a solution for it other than using an AR account instead...

On the other hand, I am getting ready to post my first item for sale on ML. It's a macbook, but I'm nervous. Any tips for first time sellers? I am concerned about safety and getting scammed. If there's another post about this, could someone send me the link?
You'll be obliged to accept MercadoPago of course, if you're happy with that.
I do commission sales for customers as they don't like strangers going to their houses and so come to my shop instead where I do the photos and the description. Presentation is everything, especially if you want to sell in a hurry.
The first thing I do is look through all similar (at least 10 anyway) ads to gauge a fair price, add a little extra for wiggle room and go from there.
I sold a Macbook recently actually and got a fair price about $12,000.
I'm usually suspicious of people hit buy without at least asking one question. Or those who click buy and never bother to make contact and just turn up at the door.
My two cents' worth anyway.

You are open to all sorts of risks, suggest only a peso cash deal upon delivery in a public place cafe, etc.. Take some company. Count and verify the packs of 1000 pesos and insert them in a plastic bag in his presence. After he is gone change the money to a pocket inside your pants. So when the motochorros down the street grab your bag and drive away, your money is safe...

I'm usually suspicious of people hit buy without at least asking one question. Or those who click buy and never bother to make contact and just turn up at the door.

Very strange. ...... I`m one of those.
I just want to buy a widget for a price, nothing more nothing less.
I don`t want to chat, investigate, study, mediate, litigate, wait, ...
That is exactly what I hate.

Could you please explain why would a vendor feel that way?

P.S.
Aug 22 came and gone. and NOT A BOO from ML about my refund.
How and when is this going to end?
Don`t know what to do anymore?
What else am I supposed to do?
Am I going to lose my payment?

I love Mercado Libre . Just sold a Weber BBQ I bought for US$ 220 for 450 . I am happy and the buyer is happy as it would jhave cost him double here.

I HATE ML: Don`t know what to do next. .. The never ending saga!!!! ... Here is ML response today Aug 23:

Gracias por indicarnos lo que pasó. Lamentamos que las cosas no estén saliendo como esperabas y estamos aquí para ayudarte a partir de ahora.
Por eso, queremos confirmarte que ya le pedimos a tu vendedor que envíe el artículo o te devuelva el dinero. Para que te brinde una solución cuanto antes, le dimos un plazo de 3 días hábiles. En cuanto termine este plazo, te volveremos a contactar.
Si tienes alguna novedad o preferencia, no dudes en volver a escribirnos nuevamente.
¡Haremos todo lo posible para que el reclamo se resuelva lo antes posible!
23/ago 08:57
  • Aug 15: I prepaid in advance by MercadoPago.
  • Since Aug 15, Vendor did not and does not want to supply pick up location address.
  • Aug 16: I initiated a reclamo for a refund.
  • Aug 17: ML shut down the vendor. "Publicación pausada" ... "Este vendedor no tiene buena reputación en el sitio."
  • Aug 20: ML response .. “Vendador tiene hasta el día 22/ago para responderte”
  • Aug 23: ML response above
  • Next ?????

Yes, the payment system is a bit "rigged" in favor of Mercado Pago but it is possible to pay in cash (unless the vendor ONLY accepts payment by Mercaado Pago. Obviously sellers who ship most items are less likely to accept cash.

Before making the compra the buyer should click on "mas opciones" which is in blue just below the published price.

A window will appear and if the seller accepts cash the buyer should click on "acuerdo con el vendedor" (at the bottom of the window) to arrange for payment outside of Mercado Pago, including making bank transfer directly to seller's account outside of Mercado Pago.

I find the calification system quite useful as almost all of the items I have bought in the past four years had to be shipped by OCA, Correo, or Micro.

In evaluating a seller I always click on "mas datos del vendedor" to see the comments of previous buyers. I don't rely solely on the bar graph with colors. If the seller has a bad reputation I usually don't make the purchase.

In almost ten years on Mercado Libre I only had one seller that did not send the item and made no attempt to contact me. I paid by Mercado pago and received a refund after making a reclamo.

I've made at least ten reclamos during the past four years and I prevailed in all of them. Several were claims for items damaged during the shipment. As indicated, only one reclamo was for an item which was never sent. Several others were simply to "preserve"my payment because (for one reason or another) I had not received the items but knew they were on the way.

I have paid for almost all of my purchase in the past four years (about 300) using mercado pago. If everything goes well I make the calcification the same day I receive the item and most (but not all) of the sellers have made calcifications for me.

Back