When I came to Argentina ...

When I first came to BA back in 2014 the blue was 8 pesos to the USD and the oficial at 4. We have gone along way...
When I came in 2004, the blue didn't exist yet (although there were arbolitos, but you didn't need them).

The dollar was 2.8 pesos, a liter of Quilmes in the chino was 2 pesos, and a pint of Quilmes at the local bar that I still go to was 4 pesos (the pint is cheaper now in dollar terms).

When I first came to BA back in 2014 the blue was 8 pesos to the USD and the oficial at 4. We have gone along way...
What's going on here? I did NOT create this thread lol. Moderator?

I first visited Argentina in 2013, and it was the same.

The market hasn't closed yet, but we're at $219 for the blue, $225 for the CCL, $180 for cards, and the Ks still want people to believe a dollar is worth $104 pesos. They truly live in a different world than the rest of us.

What's going on here? I did NOT create this thread lol. Moderator?
I think the moderator is trying to keep the WU thread on track. I miraculously found myself having created a new thread last week after saying something errant on WU. The thread died a deserved death.

When I first came it was 1:1 with the USD. You’d go to the ATM and when you selected the amount to withdraw you then selected USD or Pesos. Wow. What a difference 25 years makes.

When I first came it was 1:1 with the USD. You’d go to the ATM and when you selected the amount to withdraw you then selected USD or Pesos. Wow. What a difference 25 years makes.

What was the cost of living like during the 1:1 period?

Hard to imagine for someone that arrived in the past couple of years..

Back