When I re-enter Argentina with my new iPhone, will the aduana charge me

Fiscal

Registered
These are my personal devices, with my info on them, logged in, used etc.. Not wrapped in boxes and not for re-sale. Will they still charge me fees?

I've passed through with 2 computers before. I got dinged trying to bring through 3 once. even opened and without boxes. your iPad and MacBook is probably OK but if you try to bring more be careful. the phone in your pocket won't matter

no problem. i routinely pass through with 2 computers. I occasionally get asked questions. If they look used, no big deal. I had the customs guy pick up the computer and look for wear on the keys. The computers i bring are big boy gamer computers or macbooks though.

I was a little worried about my wife's and mother-in-laws phone i had repaired in my pocket, but they didn't ask questions about that. I suppose if you brought in more than like 2 phones you might get into some issues.

Now that one time my wife asked me to bring 19 Stanley thermoses... Well that was not a good day.

Never had problems either. If I have new items I make sure to take them out of the boxes before traveling and spread them out between bags. The few times I've been asked anything by customs at EZE I just speak English and look at them like I am confused.

no problem. i routinely pass through with 2 computers. I occasionally get asked questions. If they look used, no big deal. I had the customs guy pick up the computer and look for wear on the keys. The computers i bring are big boy gamer computers or macbooks though.

I was a little worried about my wife's and mother-in-laws phone i had repaired in my pocket, but they didn't ask questions about that. I suppose if you brought in more than like 2 phones you might get into some issues.

Now that one time my wife asked me to bring 19 Stanley thermoses... Well that was not a good day.

I brought 15 stanleys through a couple years ago. I didn't even take them out of the giant amazon box they were shipped in. Went straight through without a peep from the customs folks.

Anything you don't want them to find just keep on your body. So you can stick a few phones in your pockets without issue. And then if it comes down to it you can definitely pretend you don't speak spanish and you're confused by what's going on.

Anything you don't want them to find just keep on your body. So you can stick a few phones in your pockets without issue. And then if it comes down to it you can definitely pretend you don't speak spanish and you're confused by what's going on.

This was a good plan when you could mixup with tourists, but now that no tourist is allowed, it doesn't sound as much as bulletproof as before.

I would like to bring in the new 24" iMac M1 for myself. I really want to upgrade my computer and this one looks amazing. I am currently 'stranded' in Europe and I am working on my old 15" Macbook Pro which is a pain, since I am used to working on a 27". I would be using it before boarding the plane, so no doubt it is for personal use. I also need to buy an external HD to use for TimeMachine.

I went to see the new 24" iMac M1 and it is lightweight, definitely can fit in a suitcase, though I am not sure that also the cardboard would fit and if it would be handled more carefully if it stayed in its original box with the word FRAGIL all over.

I am not even sure I'd pay $900 in taxes or a random amount. It is not yet sold in Argentina anyway, so I am not sure if they would calculate taxes on the amount stated on the invoice or on a made up amount of their choice.

Thoughts?

Back