When Will I Ever Learn- Mercado Libre Edition. (And Warning)

Sorry to hear that ...... infuriating !!!!!!!

People are generally nice here. But there are so many mo**** fu***** chorros that spoil life .... and they feel so empowered by Cristina. I heard they live in villa`s don`t pay f*** all no luz no cable no taxes on free land with double cars in each house. They are NOT poor. To get their votes Cristina gives them allowances and computers for each kid to stay idle with no work, only organize demonstrations, they live like kings, and whatever else extra they need they just go out and steal it, knowing that prisons have revolving doors. Their God damn given right. In Cuba when I got robbed it did not feel the same because they really are poor. Here the SOB`s are NOT poor.

Something to learn every day.

Wow, so many times it happened !!!! so many !!! No one was aware ..... Thanks to you Lucha ... now we know
Why do you assume that the thief lives in a Villa? The thief sent a cadete (messenger) which normally only people who work in offices do. They also need access to fake dollars, which are normally gotten via banks or big crime rings--yes, the banks are the ones behind the fake bills. I have made films in the Villa 31 and also worked on a show about counterfit money. Please don´t stereotype that criminals live in villas only or that people who live in villas are criminals. Most are hard working, trying to scrape by. When they leave the villa they face a ton of stereotypes and discrimination.
There are criminals who live in Recoleta, Belgrano. . . more than you think.
Check out minute 3:40
http://youtu.be/hF2GovkvGok
The constitution of Argentina promises housing to all, by the way. And many cities have reduced crime by increasing social services. Putting people in jail just creates a revolving door of criminals.

Some of the country's biggest criminals can be found right here:

plaza-de-mayo.jpg

That's really awful and I'm sorry to hear about your bad luck.
I've had a few close shaves and I have to say it's more common now than when I started using ML in 2006.
The Mercadopago JPG scam is popular and I wouldn't trust anyone offering to pay in USD, not now especially as they're like gold dust.
I've got about 20 items for sale with ML and recently have had some real assholes 'trying it on'.
I don't know, you just sort of feel it when it's wrong.
For me the signs are:
They 'buy' without asking a single question.
They joined ML a week ago or the same day.
They are in cahoots with other seller/buyers on ML which can sometimes be checked (if they have any history) by cross referencing their corresponding buyers/sellers like joining the dots.
The email address and/or phone are fake once they buy.
If you are at all concerned with meeting they other party, make sure it's in a public place like a cafe and then double check the cash or item.

I have this 6th sense for eBay items in the States. I can tell in 5 seconds if something isn't quite right. Haven't gotten that good at sniffing here, though.

What was your asking price?

My asking price originally was 7000 pesos. When the link expired after a week I lowered it to 6400. When the guy offered me $700 USD (equivalent to ~5600 pesos at the blue rate) I decided just to take it, as I paid $700 for the thing originally (did NOT use an Argy credit card to buy it) and was desperate to sell the thing as I couldn't find a buyer as of yet. But of course, why the f--- would a local Argy guy offer to part with USD right now? That should have been the ultimate red flag... oh why didn't I just take my time and inspect the bills... *sigh*

did you guys reported it? these sites here get away with lots of stuff they wouldn't do in other places...plenty of crooks out there

My asking price originally was 7000 pesos. When the link expired after a week I lowered it to 6400. When the guy offered me $700 USD (equivalent to ~5600 pesos at the blue rate) I decided just to take it, as I paid $700 for the thing originally (did NOT use an Argy credit card to buy it) and was desperate to sell the thing as I couldn't find a buyer as of yet. But of course, why the f--- would a local Argy guy offer to part with USD right now? That should have been the ultimate red flag... oh why didn't I just take my time and inspect the bills... *sigh*

Wrong attitude, poor perception.
Argy guys hold on to USD to fight peso depreciation but we are aware of goods values in USD as well.

I'm curious. Do you have any way to scan one of the bills? I'm curious if there are other features on the bill that give it away as a fake beyond the watermark.

i was talking to a police officer I've knows for years, because he patrols close to my apt. I told him what happened, his advice was to see if i could try to sell them for half the price, maybe in mercado central! go figure, advice from a police officer!!!!!

I'm curious. Do you have any way to scan one of the bills? I'm curious if there are other features on the bill that give it away as a fake beyond the watermark.

I can't scan it, but I'll tell you, I compared it to a real $100 that I have and it looks like paint... when comparing the images on the back, the one on the fake looks a little squished, the features that are supposed to sparkle a little (the 100 in the bottom right corner for example) DO sparkle very well, but then if you hold the bill in direct light, it kind of looks lightly 'sparkled' all over it, which the real ones do not.

Back