When Will I Ever Learn- Mercado Libre Edition. (And Warning)

Sorry to hear it. One thing I usually do when selling an item on craigslist, mercadolibre, etc. is to google their email address, see if its linked to a facebook profile, etc. Usually their email will have some type of digital footprint on the internet if its legit.

You could also look through your email correspondence with them and see if it contains the ip address. If it does you could try to take that info to the police. Only they have the legal power to find someone's address and name that is connected to the ip address. The criminal could have also done sent the emails from an internet cafe though..

There are many details to consider. A practical test is to hold a flat bill on the palm of your hand, real ones contract with body heat and you can see them react slightly.

i was talking to a police officer I've knows for years, because he patrols close to my apt. I told him what happened, his advice was to see if i could try to sell them for half the price, maybe in mercado central! go figure, advice from a police officer!!!!!

My boyfriend took them to his office and asked his co-workers what they thought, they all thought they were real, and when he told them they weren't, they said, but "you could totally pass those off; just use them!" Not at a cueva though, so eventually, someone gets screwed. I'm trying to figure out a way that I can use them... like in my decoy wallet to make a mugger think he got lucky some day, or keep one in my pocket for when I'm riding the subte, but then it ends up in someone else's hands who may screw someone else over someday. Any ideas?

Also I was thinking, since I have another fancy electronic to sell, to see if I could put it up on Mercado Libre using my boyfriend's account and if I get another offer like this for USD, see if the cops would help me set up a sting operation to bust someone else who does this!! I don't think they can help with what's already happened. I can't get the ISP, the only communication I got from the guy was a message through Mercado Libre (he already closed the account) and text messages from his phone number, which is probably a SIM without registration...

Please don´t stereotype that criminals live in villas only or that people who live in villas are criminals.
There are criminals who live in Recoleta, Belgrano. . . more than you think.

I was trying to point out & stated that Argentine criminals are NOT POOR. That was the whole of my point.

But I am wrong injecting & stereotyping villas in the argument.

@lucha54

If I was in your shoes, I don't know what I would do. Try to screw someone else? .... mhhhh karma karma.

Sell the fake bills for 10/20% of their face value? Same as above (because someone will ultimately get screwed).

Wait to deposit other legit US bills in a bank and place one of them inside & try your luck? Screwing a bank is not that bad after all.

Or place them in a hidden place of your house and if you get robbed, show the thief where you've been hiding the bills.

Painful lesson

I was trying to point out & stated that Argentine criminals are NOT POOR. That was the whole of my point.

But I am wrong injecting & stereotyping villas in the argument.

Glad to hear you will consider how to state such ideas in the future so they don´t perpetuate hurtful sterotypes.

My boyfriend took them to his office and asked his co-workers what they thought, they all thought they were real, and when he told them they weren't, they said, but "you could totally pass those off; just use them!" Not at a cueva though, so eventually, someone gets screwed. I'm trying to figure out a way that I can use them... like in my decoy wallet to make a mugger think he got lucky some day, or keep one in my pocket for when I'm riding the subte, but then it ends up in someone else's hands who may screw someone else over someday. Any ideas?

Also I was thinking, since I have another fancy electronic to sell, to see if I could put it up on Mercado Libre using my boyfriend's account and if I get another offer like this for USD, see if the cops would help me set up a sting operation to bust someone else who does this!! I don't think they can help with what's already happened. I can't get the ISP, the only communication I got from the guy was a message through Mercado Libre (he already closed the account) and text messages from his phone number, which is probably a SIM without registration...

I was the same way, so pissed thinking of how i could try to salvage the money,i thought..try a supermarket, but then the poor clerk would get screwed, the only way i could use them without guilt would be to a huge company where money comes and goes, like a bank or duty free where the clerks all share the till! but who knows, i think i would first of all be too scared to try and second of all probably still feel quite guilty!
if u do, do the mercado libre thing and bring the police, let me know, id love to join you to see if it was the asshole that screwed me!!!!
although mine wasn't mercado libre, it was ALA MAULA

Just a thought,...most likely the 'stolen iPhone will be sold again....to whom & how? will it be listed somewhere? would he try to sell it through merclibre?...hmmm... food for thought.

Just a thought,...most likely the 'stolen iPhone will be sold again....to whom & how? will it be listed somewhere? would he try to sell it through merclibre?...hmmm... food for thought.

I think he's probably a ML buyer and a pawn shop seller. There's a street downtown (can't remember the name) with all the shops selling this stuff.

Back