Where Are The English For The World Cup?

I posted a topic about where foreigners watch World Cup games and it got deleted (I guess foreigner=English). Anyway, bumping this because I really need to know...surely someone here knows something? Are there sports bars here popular among foreigners? I've only been here two months and I just want to watch the games with crowds...my dream scenario would be a plaza somewhere with a massive projector screen and expats and tourists from all over the world getting together to watch the games.

And what about La Seleccion? Where do Argentines congregate to watch those games?

Maybe they've come to their senses, and admitted to themselves that soccer's a snooze.

I posted a topic about where foreigners watch World Cup games and it got deleted (I guess foreigner=English). Anyway, bumping this because I really need to know...surely someone here knows something? Are there sports bars here popular among foreigners? I've only been here two months and I just want to watch the games with crowds...my dream scenario would be a plaza somewhere with a massive projector screen and expats and tourists from all over the world getting together to watch the games.

And what about La Seleccion? Where do Argentines congregate to watch those games?

i think the city government were organising something but it may have just been for the opening. Most bars in Palermo will have expats in them celebrating. Gibraltar in San Telmo usually has quite a few brit expats too.

we used to have that scenario last WC in Plaza San Martin. But I doubt they will repeat it. I dont know how safe was it. Prepare to go to the obelisk when Argentina win the WC in a month, but again, be very careful of pickpocketing. I was a victim of celebrations of Bicentenario (200 years of Argentina) in 2010.

we used to have that scenario last WC in Plaza San Martin. But I doubt they will repeat it. I dont know how safe was it. Prepare to go to the obelisk when Argentina win the WC in a month, but again, be very careful of pickpocketing. I was a victim of celebrations of Bicentenario (200 years of Argentina) in 2010.

Spain's and Brazil's lousy first matches do nothing but improve Argentina's chances. I guess my predictions seem to be spot on. Spain is now mortally wounded (sadly) and might not have enough even if they do manage to beat Chile. However, if Argentina does win, the last place I would want to be is the obelisk, I'd rather die. I will however have a beer or too in celebration since I do have sympathy for the Argentine team.

Maybe they've come to their senses, and admitted to themselves that soccer's a snooze.

So what sports do you watch?

i think the city government were organising something but it may have just been for the opening. Most bars in Palermo will have expats in them celebrating. Gibraltar in San Telmo usually has quite a few brit expats too.

I've been to Gibraltar but I don't remember it having TV's...

And when you say Palermo, what part of Palermo are you talking about? Plaza Serrano? Sorry I'm really new here.

Gibraltar has TVs. . . I walk by it every day and they are always advertising English games. This would be a good bet for an English crowd.

On the off-chance that England plays Argentina here's a cute little sign you can wave around. :)

UnionJack_zps755de4de.png

you can try someplace like Sugar in palermo on costa rica...search the location...... not the best place to watch a match more of a dive bar with music..... but they do have 2 big screens showing the games...and it usually has a mix of tourists and expats.... good luck..

Back