Where can I buy a good hair straightener/flat iron?

Lclc23

Registered
Where can I buy a good hair straightener in Buenos Aires and about how much can I expect to pay? I don't mean one of the crappy farmacity ones! What brands are popular in arg?

The last few times Ive been there my $$$ us straightener refused to work despite different outlets, plugs, converters, etc., total disaster

Hi,
I have 2 straighteners I've been meaning to get around to selling, maybe one of these would work for you.

1. Bought in Argentina for 200 pesos, I think the brand is Vania. Good iron, but not as high temps as I need, so it took longer to straighten (I have very curly hair, so maybe you don't need as high temp). Would sell it for 100 pesos.
2. Brand new iron that I got as a gift in US, but unfortunately had already bought myself a new one! Zoe brand, 1 '' plates, comes with heat resistant case, can be used with 110-220 V, just need the plug adapter. This one heats up quickly and to a high temp. Selling for 200 pesos.

Send me a message if you'd like to try them out, I live in Palermo. Thanks!

Go to Las Margaritas on Cordoba, about 3 stores down from the Pharmacity that is on the corner of Scalabrini Ortiz. By far the biggest hair products store I've come across.

I think the good ones are about 300 pesos + and are comparable to good ones we'd get at home, smooth ceramic plates, ion blabla, variable heat setting, etc. I can't remember the main pro-level brand that is good but it maybe starts with the letter G.

BostonToBA said:
Hi,
I have 2 straighteners I've been meaning to get around to selling, maybe one of these would work for you.

1. Bought in Argentina for 200 pesos, I think the brand is Vania. Good iron, but not as high temps as I need, so it took longer to straighten (I have very curly hair, so maybe you don't need as high temp). Would sell it for 100 pesos.
2. Brand new iron that I got as a gift in US, but unfortunately had already bought myself a new one! Zoe brand, 1 '' plates, comes with heat resistant case, can be used with 110-220 V, just need the plug adapter. This one heats up quickly and to a high temp. Selling for 200 pesos.

Send me a message if you'd like to try them out, I live in Palermo. Thanks!

Thank you but unfortunately I do need a high temp and ideally something with 1.5 inch plates. Thank you though!

Zissou said:
Go to Las Margaritas on Cordoba, about 3 stores down from the Pharmacity that is on the corner of Scalabrini Ortiz. By far the biggest hair products store I've come across.

I think the good ones are about 300 pesos + and are comparable to good ones we'd get at home, smooth ceramic plates, ion blabla, variable heat setting, etc. I can't remember the main pro-level brand that is good but it maybe starts with the letter G.

Thank you!!!! This is exactly what I was looking for!!!

There are several stores around town called "dodo" that sell suplies for hairdressers,

Zissou said:
I can't remember the main pro-level brand that is good but it maybe starts with the letter G.

GAMA perhaps? I bought one by that brand here about 6 years ago and it is much better than the old one I had from the US. It wasn't cheap but it was well worth the investment. Plus, I can travel with it - its 110/220 compatible.

Yes, that's it! (Gama) I've used a few and liked them. Not all are temperature variant so be sure to check that if it matters to you.

mcaffa said:
GAMA perhaps? I bought one by that brand here about 6 years ago and it is much better than the old one I had from the US. It wasn't cheap but it was well worth the investment. Plus, I can travel with it - its 110/220 compatible.

Back