Where can I get a cheap cocktail?

I agree - have drinks at home. The cocktail is not really a local custom. Ordering a drink before you eat is not done in BA. As for the origin of spirits, I believe most of what is served in Argentina is domestically produced. Imported whisky, gin etc is very expensive.

PhilipDT said:
Newsflash:

If you want something proportionately priced go for some Argie wine. For 80 pesos you can get a few wines that are much better than what you can find for 20 bucks back in the states.

Or just drink beer.

NicSun said:
To combat this I usually order local beer or wine when I go out but I have friends coming to town next weekend who enjoy spirits. Does anyone know of any affordable drinking holes?

Thanks in advance!

Thanks Philip! Your wisdom is priceless.

Thanks for the hints folks. We will be spending some time in my home, but clearly they'll want to see BsAs nightlife, too. I'll take them to HH at Bangalore and they can try the G&Ts while I sip on another Palermo.

I second that the cocktails at Sugar are terrible...Most "national" vodkas and the like taste like paint-stripper.
I really don't think you're going to find a cheap (and decent) option...but happy hours are probably your best bet. It's been ages since I've been to Milion (too poor now :( ) but their cocktails were always good and their happy hour was pretty decent. There's a thai restaurant in China town (Lotus) which also does some nice drinks - I think they have a happy hour on their terrace during week nights, along with some food deals. It should be pretty nice now that the weather's warm. I'd highly recommend their Passion fruit cocktail...

Milion is a really good option during happy hour - and it's such a pretty place, your guests will probably love it.

As for the rest, ditto everyone. Make them at home before going out at night. Or frequent the happy hours where you should get 2 for 1. But 30 is the going rate for cocktails right now and at the nicer places, be prepared to spend 40+.

It´s been ages since I´ve been to happy hour but tomorrow we are going after work and the only suggestions were Caracas in Palermo (open at 7:30) or Sugar. The group is late-twenties, early-thirties mostly. Are there any other good options in Palermo Hollywood or Soho? Since we work in Villa Crespo we need a place close by because of the Friday "fiaca"!

Thanks!

Back