Where Can You Buy Humus Here?

Top tip: Hummus bought in a jar is always bad here. Fresh is always best when is comes to this delicious creamy beige magic.

Top tip: Hummus bought in a jar is always bad here. Fresh is always best when is comes to this delicious creamy beige magic.

Yes.
Forgot to add: the Onneg stuff I mentioned before is made fresh weekly (they don't use preservatives in any of their salads).

Also available at Tina and Co.in Barrio Chino. They carry freshly made hummus and babaganosh in their refrigerated section. They also have tahini in jars for those who want to make their own. And a ton of other stuff like bagels,coconut milk,and whole wheat pasta to list just a few!

So here's my experience ...

I tried Tina's. Thank you for the recommendation. Interesting store. Don't go on a nice weekend day. Very crowded with slow-moving patrons, often slow-moving entire families.

Found a product which looked like humus and said humus on the label but also said "GANOUSH". Ganoush I figure now is probably a brand name. It was tasty but tasted to me more like Baba Ganoush than humus. (I should point out that I've only ever had two brands of humus, so what do I know.) A bit watery. I've been pouring off water as it separates out.

I have also tried Cultivarte (https://www.facebook...salBarrioNorte/) and thanks for that recommendation too. What I bought there is more like the humus I buy back in the US but really dense. I've thought about adding a few drops of olive oil to it.

I am not sure which one I like better.

Thanks too for the other recommendations. Over time I will be trying them all.

Thanks, Bob

Bob go straight to the 3 Armenia stores that Ries recommended on Scalabrini, that is the very BEST and freshest. Buy one from each store and taste test. Each one has it's own taste and consistency, all delicious. Remember Armenia = hummus, Arab=hummus, Israel=hummus, China no connection.

Nancy

Bob go straight to the 3 Armenia stores that Ries recommended on Scalabrini, that is the very BEST and freshest. Buy one from each store and taste test. Each one has it's own taste and consistency, all delicious. Remember Armenia = hummus, Arab=hummus, Israel=hummus, China no connection.

Nancy

Thanks Nancy. Sounds like good advice. I will use it after I have consumed the two containers I already have. Bob

Back