Where Do We Find Basic Home Goods?

tesstafarian

Registered
Hi Everyone!

We just moved to BA from Colorado and we're trying to get some essentials for our apartment. We've found the local Carrefour and mom & pop specialty food stores; however, we are struggling with places to buy trash cans, clothes hangers, additional electronic adapters, etc. Any store recommendations would be greatly appreciated!

(Sorry if this has already been covered; I searched for previous strings and didn't find anything).

Thanks in advance, and Ciao!

A place similar to Carrefour called Easy is your safest bet if you're looking for a large store.
Smaller scale and PVC based stuff, l.ook for a Colombraro store.

It would help if you provide a location.

You can buy that stuff at a lot of places... from small specialized shops in your neighborhood (dedicated to cleaning supplies or tools) to the bigger stores like Easy (Home Depot-ish) or Jumbo (and other big supermarkets.) There's even a couple Walmarts around. You could also go to department stores like Falabella, but it's likely to be more expensive. You shouldn't have to travel far.

One of the things to learn is also that BA still has a culture of small stores and unlike in other countries they may have have cheaper prices than the box stores, but not necessarily so. That goes for food shopping as well .A lot of the items you mention can be found in stores that are called bazars here which sell everything household .

I go to Easy.

https://www.easy.com.ar/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/es/easyar#&panel1-1

It's like Home Depot in the states. I use the one in Constitucion / Barracas area.

They have everything.

A great one stop shop is Sodimarc (spelling?), just outside Olivos. Long bus ride going, taxi home, or you can hire the flete just past the cashier. They have everything.
Nancy

Easy and Jumbo...in Palermo
Av Cerviño between Av Int Bullrich and Av Dorrego.

Back