Where do you find things like cultural events and theater, music, museum exhibits in BA?

Aron

Registered
How do you find what there is to do around here? I see some placards advertising movies, sometimes musicals, ands a few music events. There has to be a more organized or digital way to find them but I’m not finding them - I’ve tried English and Spanish language newspapers online and they don’t seem to have the event listings I expect.

I’ve found some stuff about Murga Porteña for example https://wander-argentina.com/buenos-aires-carnival-information/

I must be missing something - what do you use?

There is an old and obsolete thread “Best event/concert/festival listings in BA?” that is no longer useful

alternativateatral.com.ar is good for theater and music. Ticketek has a lot of the bigger names in music, and even some theater.

Put "cartelera cine" in Google for movies, even though a couple of theaters are not on there, Cine Cosmos and Cine Arte Cacodelphia. Complejo Teatral has great movie retrospectives and festivals.

There used to be websites that covered this. Most are gone now, because almost all were functions of print media companies- Time Out, Ramona, Vuenos Aires, Whatsup Buenos Aires- all are gone now. The ones that were supported by print, like Time Out, are gone because the magazines are gone. All required full time paid staff, and there is no income model for sites like this. Google and the other big companies have monopolized online ads in the last few years, and you just cannot support online journalism by ads alone these days. Conde Nast is regrouping and downsizing.

To track whats happening here, the only reliable way is to follow instagram feeds of venues, theaters, bands, arts spaces, and influencers, if you can find influencers whose tastes align with yours. Nobody really updates websites.

There used to be websites that covered this. Most are gone now, because almost all were functions of print media companies- Time Out, Ramona, Vuenos Aires, Whatsup Buenos Aires- all are gone now. The ones that were supported by print, like Time Out, are gone because the magazines are gone. All required full time paid staff, and there is no income model for sites like this. Google and the other big companies have monopolized online ads in the last few years, and you just cannot support online journalism by ads alone these days. Conde Nast is regrouping and downsizing.

To track whats happening here, the only reliable way is to follow instagram feeds of venues, theaters, bands, arts spaces, and influencers, if you can find influencers whose tastes align with yours. Nobody really updates websites.
No, the only reliable way to track what's happening here is not only instagram feeds, if you can find influencers whose tastes align with yours.

And while many websites here are not updated, there are those that are, for example, those that Jantango, Nikad, Another and I provided. They are constantly updated and have tons of offerings to pick from for movies, theater, art, and more. And might I add those offerings cover a wide range of tastes. Whether or not those offerings agree with your particular tastes, is another matter.

If you have a fascination with Buenos Aires' amazing street art, I suggest you join a tourScreenshot 2024-02-16 at 13.06.42.png that will take place this evening in Palermo SoHo. The tour will be led by Grace Berlfein, whose Tour with Grace has helped so many understand the origin and context of the city's street art. Grace will be conducting it in English. And this one will be free of charge! It begins at 6 p.m. at Cronico Bar, Jorge Luis Borges 1646, and ends at 7:30 p.m. Let Grace know if you're going by messaging her on her Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/tourwithgrace/). See you there!

Back