Where Is My Dni?

PhilipDT

Registered
I realize there are a bunch of threads about this but I was hoping that someone might have some more recent info.

I applied for temp residency and they gave me the residencia precaria and told me I'd get my DNI with in 3 months. Well its been a month and a half and I'm leaving for the states this week for the next two months, during which time my precaria will expire. Is there any way to check on where my DNI is or even where my residency paperwork is.

This is what the migracions website says under "consulta de trámite"
flecha.gif
Expediente:
flecha.gif
Fecha de Nacimiento:
**/**/****
flecha.gif
Apellido/s:
flecha.gif
Nombre/s:
PHILIP
flecha.gif
Estado
: Su trámite fue resuelto el 08/11/2012
flecha.gif
Disposición:
flecha.gif
Delegación:
SEDE CENTRAL - Av. Antártida Argentina 1355
flecha.gif
Enviado a CENTRO DE DOC. Y ARCHIVO (Deptos. Dep. De La Inst. Sup. - Direccion General De Administracion)

What does enviado a CENTRO DE DOC. Y ARCHIVO mean? Is that a place I can go to pick it up.

Many thanks.

Have you asked at Hipolito Yrigoyen 952? It's usually faster to inquire there than at migraciones in Retiro. When I was waiting for mine, I went there to ask and they told me it was with OCA and to contact OCA to arrange a delivery date. I had it within a few days after that.

OCA is the culprit. Usually DNI is dispatched. OCA sits over it for a long time.

I applied for the new Dni card in November 2011 in Registro Nacional de las Persons at Hipólito Yrigoyen. Once they told me the machine that prints the paper was broken.....hmmmm...the new Dni is made of plastic. The second time they sent me to an office in Jujuy street and they had no answers. I eventually gave up and six months laer, lo and behold my Dni magically showed up in the mail. Be patient. It takes a looooong time.

Often a good place to start is Uranus,more likely to be there than in the post!!!

Send it to your home by mail this month, if you are not there they leave a notice of visit with the place you can go to pick it up.

I also have temporary residence and applied for my DNI on Nov. 30th. It arrived in the mail on Dec.7th! I was replacing my original, which had expired because I forgot to renew it in August. I'd go to one of the above mentioned offices and inquire about it. Both have people who speak English if you need it.

Need DNI, bring your own ink. Because of import restrictions cannot deliver DNI, no ink?

http://www.lapoliticaonline.com/noticias/val/87480-6/dni-randazzo-no-entrega-tarjetas-porque-no-hay-tinta-para-imprimir.html

Hipolito Yrigoyen 952 can tell you where it is. And it is usually at the depository of undeliverable DNI's : 468 Jujuy in Once. Went today. they had it. 21/2 hours. Have fun , I sure did !!

I applied for my DNI in mid march, and received it yesterday (mid december). They told me 3 months as well. Good luck ;)

tip: if your precaria will expire, don't risk expecting the DNI to show up. Go to migraciones and get a "certificado de radicacion" or something; it's an official paper that shows your temporary residency is valid from this date through this date for 1 year, and is valid for travel.

Back