Where Is My Dni?

When you applied for the DNI you should've been given a precaria and a receipt with a number on it to give to OCA when they deliver it...it sounds like they came to deliver it and you weren't there, which is kinda good news because it would mean it's finally done! Somewhere someone has your receipt (hopefully you!) and you can call OCA or go online and make arrangements for recieving it. But you will need that original receipt for claiming it. Congrats!

When you applied for the DNI you should've been given a precaria and a receipt with a number on it to give to OCA when they deliver it...it sounds like they came to deliver it and you weren't there, which is kinda good news because it would mean it's finally done! Somewhere someone has your receipt (hopefully you!) and you can call OCA or go online and make arrangements for recieving it. But you will need that original receipt for claiming it. Congrats!

Yay! Thanks! That's what I was hoping someone would say. I definitely have my precaria/receipt/every document I've ever been given, and am leaving the country on Thursday so mayyyybe I can pick it up tomorrow to avoid having to carry the precaria with me on the trip and risk losing/destroying it...But that seems a little too quick of a turnaround time from what I'm used to :)

EDIT (for posterity searching this topic): I think my main confusion was that I didn't realize that I had to visit the OCA website and enter the tracking number that was on the label of the card I received. I just got the card that said nothing and was not sure what to do with it. but the OCA website seems to be the missing link.

Need to update this tread. Missed the 1st delivery. Waited at home for the next 2 days. Nothing. Called the post office and arranged the time for delivery. They told me that the 2nd attempt is scheduled for Monday (today) from 9 to 12 am. Today at 12 am logged on the Correo Argentino to see why they did not deliver. The website said that at 7 23 am it was sent back to the place of issue. Called the Post Office call center. They did not tell me anything new and gave me some 800 number to call. This number is busy. I guess, I have to go to Jujuy 468 to retrieve my DNI, right? Anybody can confirm? Thank you!

I was told it takes 10 days from the last delivery attempt to be available for pickup at the Jujuy location by my lawyer.

Need to update this tread. Missed the 1st delivery. Waited at home for the next 2 days. Nothing. Called the post office and arranged the time for delivery. They told me that the 2nd attempt is scheduled for Monday (today) from 9 to 12 am. Today at 12 am logged on the Correo Argentino to see why they did not deliver. The website said that at 7 23 am it was sent back to the place of issue. Called the Post Office call center. They did not tell me anything new and gave me some 800 number to call. This number is busy. I guess, I have to go to Jujuy 468 to retrieve my DNI, right? Anybody can confirm? Thank you!

How long did it take from your residencia was approved till you got word that the DNI was coming? Mine was approved late April so I have the PDF with the approval, but I have heard nothing since then, and on the page it just says that it was "resuelto" and that there is no movement. Thanks!

How long did it take from your residencia was approved till you got word that the DNI was coming? Mine was approved late April so I have the PDF with the approval, but I have heard nothing since then, and on the page it just says that it was "resuelto" and that there is no movement. Thanks!

My initial residency request was approved in 3 April 2014, and my DNI was received on 12 May. My renewal was requested 26 March 2015 and delivered May 27th. I received a text message letting me know my renewal DNI would be arriving in the next day or so. I didn't receive this type of text message with the initial request.

I have my precaria dated 15th of April 2015 and it will expire on 15th of July 2015. I found out that my DNI was issued only when I got the first delivery attempt via Correo Argentino which was on June 12th. I think, yours will arrive any day now. My advice, if you miss the first delivery, go to your local post office to pick it up. I went to the post office today after the DNI was not delivered as promised and they told me that they have waited for a week for me to come in person, despite of the fact that they HAVE to make a second attempt. They told me that they have sent it back today (or in the process of sending). No explanation why they did it.:( I hope, this helps.

My initial residency request was approved in 3 April 2014, and my DNI was received on 12 May. My renewal was requested 26 March 2015 and delivered May 27th. I received a text message letting me know my renewal DNI would be arriving in the next day or so. I didn't receive this type of text message with the initial request.
Thank you! Getting a text message would be great... Your first DNI was really quite fast then.

I have my precaria dated 15th of April 2015 and it will expire on 15th of July 2015. I found out that my DNI was issued only when I got the first delivery attempt via Correo Argentino which was on June 12th. I think, yours will arrive any day now. My advice, if you miss the first delivery, go to your local post office to pick it up. I went to the post office today after the DNI was not delivered as promised and they told me that they have waited for a week for me to come in person, despite of the fact that they HAVE to make a second attempt. They told me that they have sent it back today (or in the process of sending). No explanation why they did it. :( I hope, this helps.
Great, thank you! Hopefully mine is not far behind. I have had my precaria for a long time but only got the approval of the residencia temporaria in late April because I had to go in for an interview with my boss.

ASperansky, were you able to get your DNI? I still have no news and I am getting a little anxious. I check in with the portero all the time but he hasn't received anything either.

Lacoqueta, when you talk of this receipt with the number, is that the receipt from Migraciones from the payment? I am wondering if I can take this anywhere, like to OCA or the Registro de personas, and ask... I can't get any info online and I have no idea if one can get through on the phone.

This is getting more complicated because my grandmother passed away this morning. I am considering going to Oslo but it would be nice to have the actual DNI before leaving... I have the now expired precaria and the document confirming that I have been granted temporary residency for one year. Would that be enough to get in, I wonder??

And, another complication: my Norwegian passport expires July 19. I went to the embassy a few weeks ago and did the trámites, so there is a new passport waiting for me at the embassy. I have not picked it up because of course all my residency paperwork is with my old passport so I am assuming I need it to receive my DNI... I guess I could travel on the old passport as well, the funeral is July 10, so I could be back before the 19th, but can I enter the country on a passport that has so little left? I know some countries require you to have a passport valid for 6 months. Aaaaah don't know what to do!

Back