Where Is My Dni?

UPDATE: Tengo DNI! Yay! I went to Ave Jujuy this morning and it was there. They had tried to deliver it once a few weeks ago. Feels great to finally have (temporary but whatever) residency. I can get a bank account!! Now off to search the forum for bank recommendations.

Good Monday to all!

Congratulations... welcome to the Club...!! Interested to find out if you succeed to open a Bank checking account with Temp residency. Heard Banco Nacion may do it with paychecks/local income .

thanks

In the ’40 and 50s when people wanted an extra day off they called “San [background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]Perón" [/background]especially Mondays
As far as this particular office is it San Petón or are you just gussing?

I hate to take the trip over there again if they have moved. Anyone know if they are still at the Jujuy 468 address and their hours.

T/

Congratulations... welcome to the Club...!! Interested to find out if you succeed to open a Bank checking account with Temp residency. Heard Banco Nacion may do it with paychecks/local income .

thanks
Thanks Rich.

I already have a Banco de la Nation savings account. Got it with my apt papers. I'm hoping I can maybe change banks now and maybe a local credit card :=) ?

T/

@Tom, a local credit card is harder to get, especially if you only have a temporary DNI. At my old job, when they opened my cuenta sueldo, they also offered me a credit card. They told me they made an exception for me and another foreign gal from Venezuela who also had only a temporary residency DNI because of a "special promotion." They said normally they don't normally give credit cards to temporary residents because of the risk that they run up the card and leave the country but this particular promotion allowed them to. Who knows, maybe it was only marketing blah blah or it could have been just local branch policy for my particular bank? But I believed them and jumped on it for the chance of having cuotas cuotas cuotas cuotas!!

Thanks @Emilyr. I will look for the promos.

I'm still trying to figure out where to pick up my DNI Card.

T/

Finally got my permanent DNI delivered this week. It took almost five months since it was approved. About a month ago I went to the Jujuy address to see if they had it. They told me that my fingerprints needed to be taken again and sent me to the main office. I went there and they gave me some paperwork and sent me to the Yrigoyen office where they finger printed me again. I was told that if I didn't receive the DNI by mail within two weeks to go to Jujuy again. I think they tried to deliver it a couple of weeks ago, but by the time I answered the intercom no one was there, I looked out the balcony and the guy was already headed back to his truck. So I went back to Jujuy and they told me that the correo had it and that they do try to deliver it twice. So finally it arrived and has an expiration date in 2032. Not too shabby. :)

Back