Where should I live in Buenos Aires?

Cafer

Registered
Hello everybody,

I am in Colombia right now. I have a plan to go to Buenos Aires for about 6 months. Do I need a covid test or registration for the government website?

Where should I live in Buenos Aires? Which place is safe and not too expensive? The price around $300-$500. Also, I can stay in Argentina for 90 days. Can I extend the visa after 90 days? 90 days more?

Thanks

I also want to know the price of a decent apartment in a safe area is in B.A.

Stay en palermo chico! Good studio apartments at 300 usd converted in pesos at blue rate. Look. For 500 m walk/ radius from
Us embassy

Last edited:
Stay en palermo chico! Good studio apartments at 300 usd converted in pesos at blue rate. Look. For 500 m walk/ radius from
Us embassy

Palermo Chico is very nice, one of my favorites. Can you get that good of a price on a furnished place now in that area?

Hello everybody,

I am in Colombia right now. I have a plan to go to Buenos Aires for about 6 months. Do I need a covid test or registration for the government website?

Thanks

There is some talk that they will open borders to tourists soon to more countries, beyond the ones that border them, but I don't think they have announced a date yet?

Colegiales near Palermo is also a good option, I stayed there for a few months.

For a one bedroom apartment I was paying around 430 USD a month based on the then Western Union conversion rate which was 100 pesos to the dollar at the time, now at around 140.

Us embassy
Great advice. Lots of cafes/rests/cops/embassies/good shopping.

Colegiales near Palermo is also a good option, I stayed there for a few months.

For a one bedroom apartment I was paying around 430 USD a month based on the then Western Union conversion rate which was 100 pesos to the dollar at the time, now at around 140.

I second that. I also would recommend Villa Crespo. Both a reasonable walk or a short cab ride to Palermo. I personally wouldn't live in Palermo even if money were no object. But it's great if you're looking for a US college town/spring break vibe with gaudy bars and drunk twenty-somethings everywhere.

I second that. I also would recommend Villa Crespo. Both a reasonable walk or a short cab ride to Palermo. I personally wouldn't live in Palermo even if money were no object. But it's great if you're looking for a US college town/spring break vibe with gaudy bars and drunk twenty-somethings everywhere.
Well, now ”Palermo” is quite large. I live in North Palermo Chico/Botanico and there rarely are drunk 20 yr olds at Cafe Tabac. In fact, they might be somewhat welcome. South Palermo, yes. Depends on your age. South skews young.

Well, now ”Palermo” is quite large. I live in North Palermo Chico/Botanico and there rarely are drunk 20 yr olds at Cafe Tabac. In fact, they might be somewhat welcome. South Palermo, yes. Depends on your age. South skews young.

I see. But there are like a half dozen variants of Palermo (Hollywood, SOHO, etc.) which seems to be some kind of conspiracy from real estate agents and others interested in inflating property values. There are even parts of Chacarita (where I live) closer to Ave Justo that are starting to call themselves "Palermo." Maybe it's just the Chicago in me to see "invisible hands" at work everywhere.

Back