Where to buy a yoga mat?

bellasinamor86

Registered
I am definitely not looking hard enough, but anybody know where they sell yoga mats in the city??

Also, anybody know of any yoga studios that offer hot yoga? I know that there is a Bikram yoga studio here, but I am trying to be a little bit more economical... it's 60 pesos per class for Bikram.

Yesterday I went to my local gym's so called yoga class and it left a bitter taste in my mouth- whatever it was, was not yoga, and I would know because I have been doing it for years.

TENIS CORDOBA:
Todos Los Deportes * Aparatos de Gimnasia

Raquetas-Paletas-Encordados...

There is a small sporting goods shop on Cordoba between Callao & Riobamba called "Tenis Cordoba". It's on the NORTH side of the street. (I like saying "North/South/East/West", but I know that no one has an f'ing clue which way is north, so...) It is on the RIGHT side of the street as you walk with the flow of traffic.

It is passed the "health food" store that has an assortment of dried fruit in the window, but it is before LAVALLE LIBRERIA. (Which is a huge office supply/ school supply/ art supply store.)

They have:
-swimming goggles
-yoga mats
-pilates mats (thicker than yoga mats)
-inflatable balls for improving posture/ innovative sex games
-dumbbells
-tennis balls
-tennis rackets
-they string tennis rackets
-paddle ball paddles

Lunes a Viernes (M-F) de 9.30-20hrs (9:30am-8:00pm)
Sabados (Saturday) de 9.30-14.30hrs (9:30am-2:30pm)

Av. Cordoba 1837 Capital (C.A.B.A., Buenos Aires...)
Phone: 4812-7671
www.tenis-cordoba.com.ar
[email protected]

bellasinamor86 said:
I am definitely not looking hard enough, but anybody know where they sell yoga mats in the city??

Also, anybody know of any yoga studios that offer hot yoga? I know that there is a Bikram yoga studio here, but I am trying to be a little bit more economical... it's 60 pesos per class for Bikram.

Yesterday I went to my local gym's so called yoga class and it left a bitter taste in my mouth- whatever it was, was not yoga, and I would know because I have been doing it for years.

I know for sure they sell yoga mats in the Megatlon gym I go to (Almagro), I am not sure how much they are as I have my own one, but I can pass by tomorrow and check.

After buying several poor quality (non-sticky) yoga mats, I found the best one at Vida Natural Yoga Centre located at Charcas 2852. It will not be cheap though. I have taken several excellent classes there also. The receptionist will tell you which classes are more difficult and which teachers speak a little english (but the classes are totally in espanol).

mbw said:
The receptionist will tell you which classes are more difficult and which teachers speak a little english (but the classes are totally in espanol).
Most classes I took in the States had a hell of a lot of Hindi in them.

I don't think knowing Spanish is that important if you (1) Have ever taken a yoga class before and (2) Have fairly good vision.

Just listen and look around and you'll be fine.

-Napoleon Bhujangasana

1318424520_e2662c0208.jpg
images

Back