Where to buy coconut oil

CarverFan

Registered
Any ideas? I guess barrio chino might have it but 'm looking for somewhere near Monserrat, Congresso ideally....

Gato Negro on Corrientes between Callao and Rodriguez Peña. Also has lots of spices and teas. Great place to stop off for a coffee.

Hey, I contacted Gato Negro and they only have coconut milk.....I need the oil, any other suggestions? Cheers!

I asked last week in the big Chinese supermarket I always go to in Barrio Chino but they had none. Maybe is it possible to DIY ? (could be tricky though, no idea)

I love coconut oil, but the kind that you'd use for cooking is not to be found here (at least, not to my knowledge but I'd love to know if anybody finds it). I've found body quality coconut oil in small jars (in china town), but again it's not food grade and doesn't seem to really be of high quality at all. I asked at a few of the grocery stores there and they've said that they don't import it. Thankfully I've been lucky enough to have a friend bring it in for me. I'd hate to try and make my own--it'd be very hard to do, not to mention expensive as coconuts go for around $15/each!

I know one place on Luis Maria Dragon off of Scalabrini Ortiz,there is a health food store there that might still sell that Indian bluebottle Coconut oil sold normally in India. It's a dingy looking health food store. Another place, go to Dorrego farmers market Fridays and Sat, there is a raw food section, dehydrated food, wheat grass, etc, and they sell 365 Coconut Oil and this really expensive organic coconut oil, I forgot the name, but it's soooo expensive. And there is another place called Grano Madre, they have everything that is in your organic market in whatever city you lived in, but very expensive. When I started earning pesos, I stopped craving Southern Indian food, jajaja. Anyway, good luck.

Hello
If you live in Monserrat that is where I live I bought coconut oil in a Farmacia on Entre Rios and Belgrano, there is a Shoe Store and at few meters there is a Farmacia I bought it there, they also prepare homeopatic remedies. One year ago it was 20 pesos.
regards
Reina

Mhenna--how much did you pay for 365 coconut oil down here??

Rihornos, that sounds like body grade not food grade coconut oil to me--did you eat it?

Hello Mizz Marr
I bought coconut oil to use as a body moisturaizer and to me it is like body grade as you mention but I never tried edible coconut oil.
I think that probably is possible to find edible coconut oil in Barrio Chino in Belgrano I know they have almost everything or that is what I was told by friends!
Reina

Back