where to buy dvds?

RobinsonGO

Registered
Hey All,

I am looking for a few dvds for this evening.
I have already looked through "where to find it" thread and dvds were not mentioned. If anyone can point me in the direction of a steet vendor (if reliable) or store front to buy dvds it would be much appreciated.

Saludos a todos

A 'Bourne Inheritance' bought from a seller aboard the LSM turned out to be dubbed into Russian only:eek:. At least the Spanish subtitles worked:rolleyes:. If you don't want to go to Corrientes (and presuming you don't want to trust a seller on the Subte or the bus) you'll probably find the DVD sellers come out at night on the main commercial streets near where you live. The ones I know come out at night along Cuenca between Beiro and the plaza (either side of railway line at Estación Villa del Parque) but that's probably further out than you want to go.

I buy DVDs at Solo Cine on Rodriguez Pena and Corrientes. He sells originals, and has a great selection of English-language, Argentine, and foreign films.

I started walking towards the J. Hernandez subway station and half way there I found a street vendor! Hanna, Sin Retorno AND Si la cosa funciona with Larry David!!! Now...to see if they all work!!

Thanks all!!

As already mentioned, Solo Cine is a great shop to pick up some dvd's, especially if you're in the market for something foreign. There's a few other shops in that area with some not so bad selections. The streets in Pelermo and Recoleta as well as other neighbourhoods are littered with folks selling bootlegs if you're looking for something a little more recent.

Guy on the H line sells pirated DVDs with a guaranty, no joke. Every one of the DVDs comes with his email and phone number on the back; if, for any reason, they don't work or the quality isn't up to snuff, you can call him for an exchange or a refund.

Delivered to your door within 24 hrs. Cash payment to the delivery guy. My brother-in-law has been ordering from them for 5+ years. Excel description tells you what languages / subtitles etc. If you have a problem with one when you make your next pedido (within X amount of time) they'll give you a new copy or you can request another.

http://www.xtopsite.com/

DVDs 5 pesos, BluRay 35 (will start coming down I'm sure), also have tv series, computer programmes, CDs etc.

El Ateneo, Avenida Santa Fe 1860 near Callao
also
DVD rentals on Puyreddon on the river side of Santa Fe (right hand side of the street heading toward Recoleta) before Beruit, and next door to General de Café (which sells the best ground-to-order coffee I've found).

Back