What Happened To The Dvds For Sale On Sidewalks

camel

Registered
Sometime over the past year, it seems like those guys selling DVDs spread along the sidewalks in Buenos Aires have disappeared. At least in the places I frequent. Anyone else notice this, or are the still around somewhere else? If they disappeared, what caused it? Did they start enforcing some kind of copyright law here, or is it just that no one watches DVDs here anymore?

Ok.. I guess Netflix finally reached critical mass in Argentina or something. Netflix was already popular over 5 years ago, yet 2 years ago I still saw DVDs on the sidewalk.

Ok.. I guess Netflix finally reached critical mass in Argentina or something. I mean Netflix was already popular over 5 years ago, yet 2 years ago I still saw DVDs on the sidewalk.
Couple years ago Netflix made a big change to what was availble. Plus most new tvs are smart tvs and nobody is buying DVD players anymore. I for one don't have one.

There are still some. On the Paseo Alcorta sidewalk for example.

I cannot stand Netflix.

In Belgrano there´s a galería in Olazabal between Cabildo and Obligado (only on weekends) where you can get almost any DVD (movies and series) for $35.

ya as pretty much everyone said, the internet is what happened. as download speeds in a country goes up, the bootleg dvd business goes down

Here's a service that delivers 'trucha' Blu-Ray disks and DVDs to your door. I can personally vouch for the quality, and they often have new releases the same week as their cinema release.
http://dvdblumarket.com/

Back