where to buy french press/coffee grinder?

wpryan

Registered
hi all,
i have probably walked ~12 miles this weekend just finding my way around. not too many appliance stores that i could find. really need to find a french press and coffee grinder for my morning brew. any assistance would be most welcome. i live in recoleta.
many thanks,
pat

I have seen them at the CarreFour in the Plaza Alcorta shopping center in Palermo Chico. It being a French-owned chain, it makes sense.

hdm-
many thanks; i'll give that a try.
best regards,
pat

I bought a french press at the design center, the store with all the dishes at the entry level and the grinder at the one of the chain stores that have all the TVs Sorry I'm in Seattle now and can't remember the names. Nancy

there are also 2 stores on pueyrredon- one on the right side if you're going into recoleta from santa fe just a block up- general...something cafe, i can't remember exactly but they sell good coffee as well. then a few blocks up on the same side is a kitchen ware store that has them as well.

You can find Bodum coffee presses on Santa Fe 3487 or 9. You can find no name brand a bit further down at the OKKO. You can get a DeLonghi coffee grinder at the Garbarino not to far away keep walking with the traffic on the same side. You might be able to find the grinder also in the shopping center. They have a DeLonghi stand on the ground floor.

I got my coffee grinder from coto online supermarket cotodigital.com.ar
I don't know what a french press is but if it's the thing with the plunger, I think they have them at the establicimiento general de cafe estcafe.com.ar

mini said:
You can find Bodum coffee presses on Santa Fe 3487 or 9. You can find no name brand a bit further down at the OKKO. You can get a DeLonghi coffee grinder at the Garbarino not to far away keep walking with the traffic on the same side. You might be able to find the grinder also in the shopping center. They have a DeLonghi stand on the ground floor.

I bought my BODUM French Press in the States for US$30. In Recoleta you can find them for US$100-US$125. (Enjoy your prison shower experience.)

If you HAVE to have BODUM, go to Starbucks and buy one. It's ~US$60 or so.

There is a Carrefour HOME on Calle Florida (and probably other places) that sell a knock off for ~AR$25 (which is ~US$6.95).

Coffee grinder, I brought from home. Listen to the above people.

NOW, buying good beans...

The beans down here are HORRIBLE!!!

I am NOT a Starbucks fan, but I've beaten beaten down into buying Starbuck's "Medium Roast" over BONIFIDE (sp?) or other coffee house beans. It's still crap.

Oh what I would give for:

http://coffeebean.com/Costa-Rica-La-Cascada-P111C59.aspx?Page=1

There are so many good coffee house in the USA that roast their own beans to the perfect specifications for that bean, but down here, they burn them until it tastes like you drinking water drained out of your parrilla after a rain.

Good luck.

Most coffee beans here are sugar coated (torrado con azucar), including at Bonafide. You need to go to establicimiento general de cafe estcafe.com.ar

Back