where to buy french press/coffee grinder?

Napoleon said:
I bought my BODUM French Press in the States for US$30. In Recoleta you can find them for US$100-US$125. (Enjoy your prison shower experience.)

If you HAVE to have BODUM, go to Starbucks and buy one. It's ~US$60 or so.

Yes. They were quite expensive. The one person one was A$R140-330!! But like I said, down the street at OKKO they had no-name ones. I didn't check out the prices though.

There is a Carrefour HOME on Calle Florida (and probably other places) that sell a knock off for ~AR$25 (which is ~US$6.95).

I thought those Home stores were closed? I'm sure you can get on in the Fabella home store on Florida too.

NOW, buying good beans...
The beans down here are HORRIBLE!!!

I am NOT a Starbucks fan, but I've beaten beaten down into buying Starbuck's "Medium Roast" over BONIFIDE (sp?) or other coffee house beans. It's still crap.

Oh what I would give for:

http://coffeebean.com/Costa-Rica-La-Cascada-P111C59.aspx?Page=1

There are so many good coffee house in the USA that roast their own beans to the perfect specifications for that bean, but down here, they burn them until it tastes like you drinking water drained out of your parrilla after a rain.

Good luck.

I still have a stash of Italian coffee we brought with us & will be getting a delivery in a few weeks. So, I haven't had to look for any yet. But I did have a look at the supermarket & noticed this roasted with sugar thing. What is that about?

If you get your water after it passes through the parrilla you can make soap with it! But please don't drink it!

:(Celia may be correct:

But it's not the sugar coating that makes the beans available here taste like they were rescued from a Fireplace.

Please enjoy crap.

I used to believe that coffee in BA was great, but I must now admit that the italians do it so much better.
Supermarket coffee is quite mediocre, if you want to spend a few more bob you can try Jumbo where they have Illy. And I think Carrefour have Lavazza which is good enough.
For fresh ground coffee have you tried Cafe Martinez, they sell their blend and it's delicious. They have many cafes around the city.
And enjoy your cafecito, che!

Back