Where To Buy Sheet Music?

FloriaTosca

Registered
Hey Buenos Aires musicians,
Is there any kind of store in the city dedicated to selling music scores? I am also interested in books about music theory, music history etc.
I know that some bookstores have music sections, but is there any place dedicated to selling musical literature specifically?

Check Rodriguez Peña and Sarmiento and all around that area. There is where most of the music stores (for instruments) are located.

On Sarmiento (forget what cross street, but its downtown) there's a music store called ProMusica. Above this store there's another one (or used to be, pretty sure it's still there) called Ricordi, they have a pretty big selection of sheet music. Also check out Cadara, which is also in the same area. If you're into music, recording or instruments, you should definitely go for a walk down Sarmiento, there's a bunch of different stores.

Actually, it's kinda hard to to buy good sheet music in BA, but you could go to the music school "Conservatorio Manuel de Falla", in Gallo 238 (Almagro neighborhood). They have a huge library and they will lend you scores for a couple of hours to make a copy. You need to have an ID, they will keep it while you make the copies.

It's the best option in Argentina. I was told that UCA (Universidad Catolica Argentina) has a great library too, but I didn't check it by myself.

Back