Where to donate clothes?

HeyBA

Registered
I have some sweaters and things I don't want anymore, and I'd like to give them to the equivalent of Goodwill or the Salvation Army. Anyone know where to do this? I live in Recoleta. Nearby would be great.

Hi,

I work for an organization run by the Iglesia del Pilar... we collect food and clothes for the homeless. We distribute all the items on Mondays evenings.

If you want, you can join us or maybe you can just hand them in to me...

My private email is [email protected]

I do not check this forum often...

REgards,

María.

I also volunteer at an NGO. If you want to donate clothes, please PM me.

Do they have stores here, like in the States / Canada we can go and buy good used stuff like housewares and clothes and books and things? If so, where can I find it please?

svbellaluna said:
Do they have stores here, like in the States / Canada we can go and buy good used stuff like housewares and clothes and books and things? If so, where can I find it please?

No, they don't.

The last time I was in the US (San Francisco) I shopped at multiple SA and Goodwill stores every day for a month.

I returned to Argentina with five overweight suitcases (all purchased at Goodwill) and a carry on I'm glad the airline did not weigh.

The quality of the things I bought was very high and he prices were very low. The suitcases were all less than $15.00 U$D. One of them was new (from Penny's) with the original price tag of $219.00.

The most outrageous "bargain" was a Zegna cashmere sport coat (that actually fit me perectly) that would retail new for almost $2000.00 for $5.00.

We won't find anything like that in Argentina.

But there may be a reason people don't need clothes in San Francisco:

http://www.wndu.com/nationworldnews/headlines/129478948.html

Unortunately, this all happned since my last visit.

I never saw any naked people in public or in any stores.

It certianly would cut down on shoplifting if it was mandatory.

svbellaluna said:

There's the Salvation Army

Pompeya: Av. Saenz 580
Telefono: 4911-7585 / 7561 / 0781----- De 9 a 12 y de 14 a 18 hs

Constitucion: Pasaje O'Brien 1260
Telefono: 4911-7585 / 7561 / 0781 De 9 a 12 y de 14 a 18 hs

http://www.salvationarmy.org/sae/ww...8F6D10744E489FBF802571FD004F6974?openDocument

Although some of the things are laughably over priced (old fridges / cookers at a discount of 300 pesos less than a brand new one would cost etc...) but they do have clothes and books

Keep everything. If it's out of style, it will be back in style, before you know it. Have things altered. Shop and see what it will cost to replace the clothes. Shocking. Wouldda, couldda, shouldda.

I just leave stuff next to the dumpster, so many people come by daily looking in the garbage most things are gone in minutes.

I also leave things next to the trash in my building, the cleaning people also seem to put my old things to good use. Even if they sell the stuff it probably helps someone needy.

When I can I try to deliver the good stuff to the nearest "hogar de huerfanos." These places and kids need all the help they can get.

Back