Where to exchange dollars at the blue rate near Recoleta/Plaza San Martin

nessie975

Registered
Hi! I have clients visiting BA this weekend and I was wondering if anyone can recommend a safe place to exchange US dollars for pesos at the blue rate. They're going to be in the Recoleta/Plaza San Martin/Catalinas area. And do shops in those areas accept payments in U.S. dollars? I haven't been to BA since before the pandemic and I know things have changed quite a bit. Thanks for any advice!

Let them go to calle Florida and talk to someone who says "cambio cambio dolar euro reales". These people are easy to spot.

Do not pay in dollars in a shop, because then the dollars are converted at the official rate and you lose about 50% of your money.

Let them go to calle Florida and talk to someone who says "cambio cambio dolar euro reales". These people are easy to spot.
Hi. Thanks for answering! I did suggest calle Florida to them, but I'm always paranoid though about getting scammed (or mugged) following one of those guys (I'm a chicken!). Is there a store or spot that you've used before and would recommend?

Av. Sta. Fe 1126, C1059 CABA

I recommend this place, I have found them to give the best exchange when I have used stores like this to change USD
you will also be close to shopping once you have completed your task and they are secure.

There is one in Galeria Embassy at the beginning of Florida near plaza San Martin. If you go in, the guy who exchanges money is not there, he is also cautious. There should be someone near the entrance of the galeria saying "cambio cambio". If you follow this person, he should lead you to a shop in the galeria and the guy will show up. I have always had a good price there with 100 dollar or euro notes.

I have also exchanged with other random people elsewhere in Florida and never had a problem. I mitigate the risk of something going wrong the following way: I never take too much money with me, only exchange 500 USD or euro at a time and I always carry a bag in which I can discretely put the money. You get too many peso notes for 500 USD nowadays to be able to put them discretely in the pockets of your jacket, but a hand bag might do.

Av. Sta. Fe 1126, C1059 CABA

I recommend this place, I have found them to give the best exchange when I have used stores like this to change USD
you will also be close to shopping once you have completed your task and they are secure.
Thank you!

Go to Galeria Boston, Florida and Diagonal Norte.There are two shops downstairs, very safe and trustworthy
Thank you!
There is one in Galeria Embassy at the beginning of Florida near plaza San Martin. If you go in, the guy who exchanges money is not there, he is also cautious. There should be someone near the entrance of the galeria saying "cambio cambio". If you follow this person, he should lead you to a shop in the galeria and the guy will show up. I have always had a good price there with 100 dollar or euro notes.

I have also exchanged with other random people elsewhere in Florida and never had a problem. I mitigate the risk of something going wrong the following way: I never take too much money with me, only exchange 500 USD or euro at a time and I always carry a bag in which I can discretely put the money. You get too many peso notes for 500 USD nowadays to be able to put them discretely in the pockets of your jacket, but a hand bag might do.
Thanks so much for the additional detail and advice on what precautions to take!

Back