Where to exchange dollars for Euros?

Macanudo

Registered
Does anyone have suggestions where to exchange dollars for Euros? Bank, cueva, expat member?

Cueva, if you really need the cash and can't find anyone with EUR here. It sucks because you get hit twice on the spread (dollars to pesos, then pesos to euros) but it's the easiest way to do it. Just keep in mind it's usually 50 EUR notes. I had to do this last year when I went to Europe for a conference.

Checked at Berlin Cambio on Plaza San Martin. As said above, they indicated, must go through Dollar to Peso Peso to Euro. $ US 1 = 476 ARS and 1 Euro = 570 Ars. So the spread is like 20 %..!

When the direct ratio is like 9% today.

I think you can buy or exchange just about anything on Florida street in Buenos Aires. Like Alice's Restaurant! I just showed my age didn't I!
Watch out for pick pockets!!
Very true , you have any rates suggested..! on the Dollar to Euro conversion..??

Very true , you have any rates suggested..! on the Dollar to Euro conversion..??
no, sorry not my area of expertise, however if it were me I'd check WSJ, Bloomberg, yahoo finance, and google finance, to get a feel for where the rate should be, and then negotiate from there. My two bits, but again not my area...

A lot of times your hotel desk clerk will match prevailing unofficial rates.

Cueva, if you really need the cash and can't find anyone with EUR here. It sucks because you get hit twice on the spread (dollars to pesos, then pesos to euros) but it's the easiest way to do it. Just keep in mind it's usually 50 EUR notes. I had to do this last year when I went to Europe for a conference.
I don't get this, they exchange pounds for me in any denomination so why not euros???

Back