Where to exchange dollars

jet4749

Registered
I arrived about 2 weeks ago to study abroad for 5 months.

I need to exchange dollars. What is the safest way to do it and where can I do it? I want to exchange my dollars that is near my classes.
My classes are located in Recoleta: Tucuman 1699.

Thank you so much!

You are walking distance from Tribunales. You might be able to find a place close to the Obelisco. There are more hotels and hostels nearby.

jet4749 said:
I arrived about 2 weeks ago to study abroad for 5 months.

I need to exchange dollars. What is the safest way to do it and where can I do it? I want to exchange my dollars that is near my classes.
My classes are located in Recoleta: Tucuman 1699.

Thank you so much!

Just for future reference, if your classes are located at Tucuman they are not in Recoleta. Cordoba is the official "southern" border of Recloeta.

http://maps.google.com.ar/maps?hl=e...a=X&ei=MosMUMzUDojc9AS4gf3hCg&ved=0CAYQ8gEwAA

Bill.Cochabamba said:
I got 5.9:1 , get a Argentina friend to hook you up. I will not reveal my sources here.

Get a real Argentine friend. You can do better than that, at least 6.3:1.

Bill.Cochabamba said:
I got 5.9:1 , get a Argentina friend to hook you up. I will not reveal my sources here.
Then why bother responding? Question is where can poster change money and your response is useless dribble that may or may not be true. And for the record poster could do better on zoom than with your covert 'friend' - what a useless comment made by typical blowhard expat. Cheers duchebag

I've gotten a rate of 5.5 but I haven't looked anywhere else since the person is very trustworthy. I don't walk away thinking, hmmm...hope I didn't get false bills or other scary things I've heard from other people. Can I really do better somewhere else that is secure?

Bella27 said:
I've gotten a rate of 5.5 but I haven't looked anywhere else since the person is very trustworthy. I don't walk away thinking, hmmm...hope I didn't get false bills or other scary things I've heard from other people. Can I really do better somewhere else that is secure?

Depends what you mean by 'secure'. If you mean someone you know and trust, only you know the answer to that question. I can get you much better (6 at least, probably more) but do you know/trust me? There you go.

At any rate, I was curious about something else: as it is often said that a key motivation behind the dollar controls is to be able to buy dollars to pay off the Boden bond, what changes are expected in the system once the Boden comes due? It's just around the corner.

Back