Where to get fingerprints done for background check (Canada)

sacoo

Registered
Hi!

I need official fingerprints taken to request an RCMP-certified background check for my temp residency application.

I'm Canadian so not sure I can go through the US consolute as I see others have done. Does anyone know where I can go to have official fingerprints taken?

Thanks!

I'm not Canadian, but I got fingerprints done at the police department at 4000 Santa Fe a few years ago. Not sure if they still do them there. You will need at least two forms copied on card stock paper.They probably don't speak English there.

I'm not Canadian, but I got fingerprints done at the police department at 4000 Santa Fe a few years ago. Not sure if they still do them there. You will need at least two forms copied on card stock paper.They probably don't speak English there.
Thanks! No hay problema con que sea en castellano :) What do you mean by "two forms copied on card stock paper"? Is this something I need to bring?

Whether you are in Canada or in Argentina, you can get fingerprinted at a police station that handles them.

When I was applying for citizenship in 2012, I obtained the fingerprint form from the Federal Bureau of Investigation in the USA. My fingerprints were taken at the local police station in Buenos Aires. An inspector of the Policia Federal Argentina then signed and stamped the form. I attach a scan of the form for reference.

Attachments

• IMAG0001.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 10
Thanks! No hay problema con que sea en castellano :) What do you mean by "two forms copied on card stock paper"? Is this something I need to bring?
Sometimes fingerprints can get smeared, so it's best to have more than one copy ready when you have them done. You may end up throwing away the first attempt. The form has to be printed on sturdy paper almost like the cover of a standard paper notebook that you'd buy at any stationery store, not regular paper. Yes, you have to bring the forms.

Not sure if this applies to you but the US embassy listed on their website that you can get fingerprints done for the US background check at Registro Nacional de Reincidencia (Sector Orientación) on Wednesdays and Fridays from 8 am to 2 pm at Tucuman 1357, Buenos Aires.

Hi!

I need official fingerprints taken to request an RCMP-certified background check for my temp residency application.

I'm Canadian so not sure I can go through the US consolute as I see others have done. Does anyone know where I can go to have official fingerprints taken?

Thanks!
You'll have to digitalize them after...see the link

Whether you are in Canada or in Argentina, you can get fingerprinted at a police station that handles them.

When I was applying for citizenship in 2012, I obtained the fingerprint form from the Federal Bureau of Investigation in the USA. My fingerprints were taken at the local police station in Buenos Aires. An inspector of the Policia Federal Argentina then signed and stamped the form. I attach a scan of the form for reference.
Thank you!

Back