Where To Invest In Gold

I would like to buy couple of ounces of gold ingots or coins up to value of around 5kusd,anybody
know a legit place to go to?cheers.

You can hop across the pond and try Cambio Gales in Montevideo but I would call them first to check their inventory.

If anyone wants a larger amount of gold, I have a bar for sale right now. I am looking for an educated buyer, so if you haven't purchased gold before then this is probably not the opportunity for you.

The gold is in the form of a kilobar (1,000 g), the world’s most widely manufactured and traded small gold bar. It was made by Johnson Matthey, one of the largest manufacturers of minted bars in North America, and purchased from APMEX, a BBB accredited business with an A+ rating.

Details:

manufacturer: Johnson Matthey​
fineness: 999.9​
weight: 1 kilogram (32.15 troy ounces)​
price: the current COMEX spot price​

More information is available upon request from serious buyers.

Here's how the transaction would go if you were to buy it:

1. We fix the price based on the current COMEX price.
2. I give possession of the bar to a well-known lawyer in Uruguay to hold in escrow.
3. You wire the payment to my US bank account in USD.
4. I notify the lawyer that I have received payment and he delivers the bar to you in a private conference room within the security perimeter of a safe deposit box facility.
5. You can walk out with the bar or rent a box to store it (the facility is excellent for this purpose, not a bank nor a financial institution and it has fantastic security).

I have done this process before and it went very smoothly.

If you're interested, please send me a PM right away (the bar won't be for sale long) and I can send you more details.

Hey everyone -- I also have another recommendation for any of you wishing to purchase precious metals here in Argentina. The company is called 1791 Precious Metals. Excellent service, trustworthy, and highly recommended. Contact [email protected] if you have questions.

I think the main question is whether or not this is the "real price." The gold futures price is what everyone considers to be the real price, but the futures price is also quite vulnerable. For example, the Federal Reserve and other central banks could be aggressively shorting gold futures, and actually be buying physical. This, of course, leads to stop raids, and many who bought previously will panic and sell it back thinking it will go lower. Some allege that this is happening now.

I'd say that in the long-term, the price of gold will continue to increase. First of all, demand for physical seems to be quite high. In India, for example, the Indian government is trying to curb the purchases of gold due to high demand. The U.S. Mint can't keep up with the demand for gold and silver. But it's not just private individuals. Central banks are buying up gold, and requesting physical delivery. A few months ago, the German Bundesbank announced that it wants physical possession of its gold over the next seven years or so. If it's all German gold and it's all safe and sound at the NY Fed, why should it take 7 years? You could fit most of the German gold at the Fed in a 747.

Secondly, central banks around the world continue to print and print and print. Thus, gold can be a hedge against inflation. There is a lot of debate regarding what value gold has. Many will say it's worthless. If it's not worth anything, why do the central banks hold the stuff to begin with?

At any rate, what I truly find fascinating about all of this is the media portrayal, and even more so in Argentina. Infobae published an article a few days ago quoting an analyst at ICBC Argentina as saying:

"How far will gold fall? When the market decides it's enough. The truth is that there is not any fundamental value as there would be with a company that, at a certain price, is undervalued. Those who invested in gold have seen the price fall 60 percent—from the end of the financial crisis in 2008 to the record high—in two-and-a-half years. The move is huge. It's not a store for wealth."

It made me laugh... for two reasons. First of all, every time the dollar goes up or down, Infobae makes it a "breaking news" event. The site goes on and on about how the USD is a store for wealth.. yadda, yadda, yadda. It's a fiat currency, so it's inherently worthless to begin with. At least you can do somethings with gold, and the fact that it can't just be created out of thin air says something about its value in terms of supply.

Secondly, ICBC is a Chinese, state-owned bank. If gold were not a store for wealth, why would the Chinese Central Bank double its holdings in 2009?

The last time that gold experienced a fall of this magnitude was in 2008. (I guess it wasn't a store for wealth then either! Ha!) For chart lovers:

2m2885u.png

r94a6c.png

We all know what happened in 2008, and anyone who thinks things have really turned around have been drinking the mainstream media Kool-Aid...

I was both in the commodity business as well as the equity and bond business for most of my life. While at the university I traded sugar contracts on the commodity exchange so much so my mother was worried delivery of the contracts might be made which would mean a deposit of some 112,000 pounds of sugar to the house.. more than she needed to sweeten her coffee.

Speaking of sugar investments this article in Forbes about investing in sugar cane in Salta and Jujuy claims it's extremely profitable. A $20,000 investment for 5 years supposedly earns 10% the first year, 15% the third year and 196% the fifth year. It seems a little far fetched and too good to be true.

"Según cuentan los socios, el objetivo es lanzar una primera venta de 500 “fichas” (cada una equivale casi al arrendamiento de una hectárea sembrada). El valor de la unidad es de $ 20.000 y la inversión se hace a cinco años. El interesado recibe un documento como certificado y no puede retirarse antes del plazo acordado. Al final de cada año calendario, recibe $2.000 fijos que se descuentan del capital inicial. Y al final del contrato, rescata los $ 20.000 y las regalías que le haya otorgado el negocio en ese período. Claro: ese porcentaje está atado a la producción agrícola.
La rentabilidad promedio proyectada para un período de cinco años comenzando ahora es del 10% a precios constantes actualizados para el primer año; del 12% para el segundo; del 15% para el tercero; del 17% para el cuarto y del 196% al final del contrato.

http://d-motiko.com.ar/forbes/a-la-pesca-de-ahorro/

The high for gold was 1889 --- here is a location where you can look at charts of this metal and the prices it hit at different time periods: http://goldprice.org...ce-history.html so is it a bargain today?

Those that make this decision by simply looking at 'price' are making a terminal financial mistake. The 'price' is not the object, it is 'value' or 'purchasing power.'

If you concentrate on the surface level 'price' you will never understand this, or any other, market. Wise and prudent decision, of virtually ANY variety, are made on fundamentals/basics. It is there the real battle wages and NOT the manipulatable 'price' level.

What you are seeing in the gold market I've been waiting for over 15 years. You want to look at 'price?' I bought virtually all the gold I hold now, a enviable small pile, during "Brown's Bottom." What was "Brown's Bottom?" When England's Gordon Brown sold half of the "Empire's" gold holding for the $250's. However, I NEVER heard anyone ask the right quesion. "WHO" did Brown SELL the bargain basement inventory to?

We are coming out of the eye of the BIGGEST financial catastrophe in WORLD HISTORY people. The entire world's currency system is TOTALLY FIAT for the first time in the recorded financial history of this planet. It is totally and completely intention.

"A wise man sees danger and seeks shelter." In what is coming, predicted by Hugo Salinas Price, Mexico's second wealthiest individual (excepting drug cartel members obviously) recently stated publicly that the coming "Financial Dark Ages" could conceivably last UP TO 500 YEARS!

If you'd like to get a bit more accurate picture of what is happening as the 'PAPER' market that prices gold/silver separate from the 'PHYSICAL" market read some of the world's experts (one that are NOT LYING) spend a few minutes looking over
www.kingworldnews.com

The scope of the coming storm is truly that of Revelation 18.

Buenos suerte,

TC

dear town crier -- your thoughts are well taken. You are of a doomsday mentality from how I read it .. and believe me this is not to say I belittle you at all.. it is where you believe the world is heading. the Jehovah Witnesses last year were saying 2012 was to be the end of the world. it did not happen but they have formulated a new version now. You seem to be in that camp. That is fine too. I do not put down people's opinions. It would not be correct. Baexpats is a forum of ideas to exchange with each other. It is a wonderful small community. You purchased a small amount of gold .. at what price...let us say 1200 - you saw it increase to almost 1900.. did you feel you might like to take such a huge profit at that time? or are you an individual who buys at 1200 watches it go to 1800+ then watches it go to 1200 then 1000 and lower still? People are of different minds. The markets are fueled by GREED and FEAR -- this has always been the case. It keeps going up.. people will not get out.. It starts to go down.. people say well it will turn around and I do not want not to own it... so they hold on.. they hold on past the point of their purchase price to watch whatever they purchased to keep falling and falling.. not looking at the logic of life and the directions of the markets. My life was spent with the New York Stock Exchange... I saw the exchange of dollars and stocks and commodities on a minute by minute basis every day... often times being too close to the action yet being involved in the action was thrilling and profitable as long as you remember to cash out and wait for another opportunity than just holding on day for day for day... Think about your positions then formulate a strategy which will safeguard your monies.. Like now with the current stock market .. where will it be going anytime soon.. Analyze a favorite stock of mine.. IBM -- tell me when will it see 210 again.. Look at its chart. See what has been occurring there. I would enjoy comments from anyone on these subjects too. All my best. We all have our own opinions but it is these opinions which keeps this website fascinating too. walter

I added something in another posting just recently on the gold market -- we all have our own opinions yet on some of these issues we all need to wake up and smell the coffee brewing. just my humble opinion .. I do not mean to interfere with other people in their thought processes but wish to add my thoughts so they might review their current opinions.

Back