Where to life in greater BSAS

vamonos2012

Registered
Hi, we want to move to Argentina and think about living just outside BSAS. We are a family with 2 young kids. Any place you would recommend?

Depends what you are looking for and especially what your budget is

Hey, first post at this forum and must say Im argentinian, porteño more indeed but here i am with spare time and a keyboard so if I can lend you a hand on whatever you need great. About what you asked about my reccomendations on Great buenos aires would be Adrogue and Tigre. This are like the nicer places that you can find sourrounding the city.

You can try also in the zone : Pilar, Del Viso, Ingeniero Maschwitz, Tortuguitas

That's 40 km from the city center (traffic jams during rush hours though).
Life is way much cheaper here : big houses to rent for about 3000 pesos, food is cheaper, people are friendlier than the portenos, etc. Minor security problems are less frequent although if you get assaulted it can become quickly more violent than in BA.

There are bilingual schools around also (there must be english-spanish school -I guess there's one in Pilar- and there's also a french-spanish school in Martinez).

If you want to send your kids to Martinez or Pilar you need to be living there within 10 minutes

I still prefer living in the C.F., near the subte. I just never feel comfortable driving in or near the city. Also, the kids can walk to school. Because of the population density you can usually buy anything you need within a few blocks of your apartment. Best of all you save the expense of a car, insurance, and fuel.

Pilar is very nice. We stayed their with my father-in law for a month. Has everything you need. The most important thing is where you will be working and how far you are willing to travel and how you will be traveling. More closer to downtown is San Isidro, Martinez & Olivos. Tigre is very nice. we have both friends & family that live there, but again it is farther out.

Zona Norte: San Isidro, Martinez, La Lucila, etc.

Zona Oeste: Ramos Mejia, Haedo, Castelar, Ituzaingo.

Zona Sur: I don´t know.

French jurist said:
You can try also in the zone : Pilar, Del Viso, Ingeniero Maschwitz, Tortuguitas

That's 40 km from the city center (traffic jams during rush hours though).
Life is way much cheaper here : big houses to rent for about 3000 pesos, food is cheaper, people are friendlier than the portenos, etc. Minor security problems are less frequent although if you get assaulted it can become quickly more violent than in BA.

There are bilingual schools around also (there must be english-spanish school -I guess there's one in Pilar- and there's also a french-spanish school in Martinez).

Hi all, thanks for your replies. We like the idea of Zona Norte: Tigre, San Isidro, Pilar, Del Viso, etc. Hereby some more detail of our wishes. Maybe you can let us know what you think fits best.

> 2 kids (3 and 4), they need to go to school, Spanish or English/Spanish
> we don't need to work in BSAS, but will work outside the city
> we want a house with garden and pool for app USD 1500 - 2000
> gated community (save area) would be preferred
> sufficient restaurant choices in the area
> daily grocery shopping close by
> within 1h drive or by public transport from BSAS

vamonos2012 said:
Hi all, thanks for your replies. We like the idea of Zona Norte: Tigre, San Isidro, Pilar, Del Viso, etc. Hereby some more detail of our wishes. Maybe you can let us know what you think fits best.

> 2 kids (3 and 4), they need to go to school, Spanish or English/Spanish
> we don't need to work in BSAS, but will work outside the city
> we want a house with garden and pool for app USD 1500 - 2000
> gated community (save area) would be preferred
> sufficient restaurant choices in the area
> daily grocery shopping close by
> within 1h drive or by public transport from BSAS

When are you planning to move? We have a house with a killer garden and pool located in Zona Sur: http://buenosaires.en.craigslist.org/sub/2464072610.html

It's 2-3 blocks from the train station, the local bilingual private school, and a few restaurants, a supermarket, ice cream shop, sports club, yoga studio, etc. (but the village is small, so you'd need to drive to larger towns nearby for more shopping/dining offerings.) If interested, let me know.

Back