Where To Live In Ba

I would recommend Palermo. If you're close to the subte you can get to school easy enough. There are lots of bars, cafes, boliches and young people!

For 6 months you want to have the best experience possible, with accessibility to entertainment etc. Suggest that for this length of time Palermo fits the bill....there are more 'authentic' locations, but since you are here for a short time it should work better for you. That said there is no direct subte from palermo to pto madero...would be a subway and a bus or a longer bus ride. Prob fine if you are not going at peak hours.

Have you seen the apartment or do you know the address? I've read quite a few ads and '[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]The apartment is close to UADE' [/background][background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]is sometimes code for Monserrat or Constitucion but real estate people will still call it San Telmo for its [/background]marketability[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]. [/background]

[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]And San Telmo is a dynamic and friendly neighborhood in my book. On my block there aren't really tourists but there are immigrants from Africa, India, Turkey, Colombia, Russia, Serbia, Germany, Brazil, and all over South America. It's diverse and very neighborhoody, which I enjoy. I like it better than Palermo, maybe because I find many wealthier Argentines insufferable.[/background]

I love Palermo, and most parts of Recoleta. Generally the cleanest neighbourhoods, most central for expats, given where they generally hang out - ie close to restaurants, bars, public transport, microcentro, spanish schools etc etc. I really dont think you can go past them.

My unabashed plug for Zona Notre. Boring !!!! But peaceful........

My unabashed plug for Zona Notre. Boring !!!! But peaceful........

Not that boring mate, but of course the lady would have to deal with the cattle truck every morning.
Not recommended for that reason alone.

Thank you for all the replies! The apartment is on Salta between estados unidos & Carlos Calvo. Is that a good neighbourhood? I have not seen it more than the pictures online and it is up for rent via airbnb. I am coming down on the 26th of June so I know I am a bit early looking for apartments but I am not so keen on staying in a dorm desperately searching for a place to stay upon arrival.... And I have a limited budget so it seems to be a bit diffcult to find apartments when you have that, I reckon all the cheap good places go first, no?

Lizku, if I was you and coming for 6 months, I would get something for the first cpl of weeks and in the mean time try and find a shared house with other spanish speakers, heaps of South Americans come here to study. Best way to improve your Spanish, otherwise you will have all tourist/expat friends and will end up speaking in english 80% of the time. Just my 2c!!

Back