Where to practice piano in BA

El_Jameso

Registered
Anybody know of good rehearsal rooms/practice rooms?

The old cliché that pianists go mad unless they play often enough seems to be sadly coming true. I've had a two month break- the longest in my whole life- and I'm DESPERATE to play again.

School music rooms after hours? A bar? I'll take anywhere, and I'm happy to pay for the privilege...

You can get a hint at the Conservatorio Superior de Musica Manuel de Falla. It belongs to the Municipalidad de Buenos Aires and has several branches as follows:

Sede Central: Gallo 238, 2º piso Tel.: 4865-9005/08 (de 8,30 a 22 hs.)
Anexo I: Centenera 741 Tel.: 4432-1429 (de 17 a 22 hs.)
Anexo II: Salguero 2455 Tel: 4804-2359/1386 (de 18 a 22 hs.)
Anexo III:Humberto I 3171 Tel: 4931-1541 (de 17 a 22 hs.)
Anexo IV: Camargo 725 Tel.: 4854-4277 (de 18 a 22 hs.)

I hope this helps

Thanks SO much Roxana. You truly are the fairy godmother of this community.

I went down to one of the Anexos this afternoon, and after a brief interview, the very kind director showed me to a battered old upright, where I bashed and tinkled to my heart's content for serveral hours. All for free.

Another great result, and another reason to love this city, I believe.

ps BALady thanks for your offer, but I'm a little self-conscious about others' having to put up with my scales and arpeggios (or even my attempts at the Greats) Unless you have extremely thick walls, I daresay it would get old quickly.

I am glad you are enjoying my beloved Buenos Aires!

I cant believe you were there for HOURS, and for FREE!!!!

I love art so, when you are ready, invite a group of us to your rehersal!!

A relative of mine is moving to Buenos Aires. As he is a pianist, I am wondering if there is a good market for pianist players/teachers here, and how much are the approximate fees.

Hi El_Jameso, any chance you can enable private messaging? I'm interested in finding a piano teacher and would like to ask you about the Anexos.

I use to go to Moren in Costa Salguero to listen Pablo Ziegler ex pianist of Piazzola practicing there, they have an amazing piano, the owner is a good friend of him and he is friend of ours so invited us to listen him for a couple of months in 2005. You might want to go ans ask them if you can practice there the place is amazing! at least I love it! ;)

Back