Where to sell a Mac?

HeyBA

Registered
Hey all,

I'd like to sell my Macbook Air Original.

A complication is that there are some shortcomings. The battery life wasn't good on this first model, so it pretty much needs to be plugged in all the time. The hard drive has temperature issues and will run a little slower when it's hot. I've been told it might need to be replaced eventually. There's a dent in the back corner, so the lid remains cracked open a bit, detracting from the computer's aesthetics, which are a big draw for Mac products.

I basically plug it into and external monitor and it functions as a desktop.

So, I wouldn't mind selling it to someone who repairs and resells Macs. I don't want to sell an inferior product to anyone, but I'd like a fair price in the Argentine market for used electronics.

Any ideas? All info appreciated. Thanks!

MercadoLibre. You'll likely get nearly as much as you paid in the US for it.

Thanks lost in BA, thing is, I'm not sure I'll be able to sell it on Mercado Libre, because I'm going to be very upfront about it's shortcomings. I was thinking of a used computer shop or something. Would also be a nice way for someone local or expat to get into a Mac, if they need one, because I'll knock some of the price for the battery, small dent, and possible replacement of hard drive.

I sold three computers with problems using mercadolibre. Drained battery, not working aside from safe mode, even a cracked screen. If you are honest and price it right, you'll sell it.

oh, wait, something I forgot. I didn't find ANY place to sell my old Mac to. Only ML.

Buenos Aires Craigslist. Mercado libre is good but don't ship unless buyer has good feedback, they don't release the money until the buyer gets the item

Carlos,
that depends on whether you use mercadopago or not. you can also ask for cash. they release the money when the buyer gets the item, but he can't get the money back unless the transaction is not performed. mercadolibre holds the item, not the buyer.

fullmac.com.ar buys and sells used and new macs. they also do repairs

How much do you ask, BTW?

Back