Where to sell MacBook Pro?

scottieb33

Registered
Hey all,

I'm heading back to the States for a short trip and was thinking of selling my MacBook Pro. I figure due to higher computer costs here, I could sell it here for more than I could sell on eBay in the states.

Anyone recommend a store that buys MacBooks at a good price or another way to sell it?

Thanks!

scottieb33 said:
Hey all,

I'm heading back to the States for a short trip and was thinking of selling my MacBook Pro. I figure due to higher computer costs here, I could sell it here for more than I could sell on eBay in the states.

Anyone recommend a store that buys MacBooks at a good price or another way to sell it?

Thanks!

Put it up on mercadolibre.com.ar. You can check other Macbook Pros on there to see how much you want to sell it at. Keep in mind that even though electronics are generally more expensive here, Apple products should get you a lot more now because of import restrictions.

MercadoLibre does sound like your best bet, but you could also wander along Libertad near Corrientes where there are dozens of shops selling and buyingused electronics.

RR

wreReynolds said:
MercadoLibre does sound like your best bet, but you could also wander along Libertad near Corrientes where there are dozens of shops selling and buyingused electronics.

RR

Wouldn't the OP make more if he sells it directly to a potential user instead of a store that needs to make profit off of any purchase they make?

On the other hand, it might be safer to sell to a store.

I took a look at Mercado Libre and the prices for my 2 years old macbook are almost THE SAME as what I paid for it! Crazy.

Buut... I would be willing to give up a little to sell to a reputable place that gives me cash (that aren't fake bills... small ones too would be preferable).

Thanks for all the help!

In my opinion, the best option is to sell it to someone you know here (a friend) or someone from this forum. The next best option is selling it on mercadolibre and dealing with a bunch of crazy portenos asking retarded questions. But, if you can weed through the crazy people, you should be able to sell. The last option is selling it to a "store." In my opinion, most of those stores on Libertad are pretty suspect to begin with, will offer you significantly less than what you see on mercadolibre, and are just as likely to offer you fake bills as anyone else. My $.02.

scottieb33, your messaging is not turned on, and i´m not sure you want to post all the info about your computer here, but i´m curious about it.

To answer questions about the computer it's a MacBook Pro 13inch in good condition, Mac OSX Version 10.6.8, 2.26 Ghz Intel Core Duo, 2GB Ram, 160GB HD. I can take some shots of it later tonight if interested.

be careful with who you sell it too on mercardo libre. check the seller history as there are people who have been killed over tv's, fridges etc...

Also ML take around 10% commission.
Having said that, I've sold loads of stuff there and for computer related stuff it's excellent.
I usually put a few sata cables up for sale too at around $4 each for those that know.Wink.

Back