Where to sit at the opera in Teatro Colon

Platea close to stage. Palcos are not good, too far from stage or at an angle. Uncomfortable seats and as stated above, if in back row even worse. If there is an extraordinaria (non subscription) performance prices will be lower but it will be the second cast.
Dear Sergio,
Thank you for the advice. I am trying to decide between buying a ticket for June 25 (Gran Abono) and June 26 (Función Extraordinaria). As you mentioned, the ticket prices are lower the night of the Función Extraordinaria. It it always second cast for an extraordinaria?
This might be the only time I get to see an opera there so am tempted to splurge for the Gran Abono.

Dear Sergio,
Thank you for the advice. I am trying to decide between buying a ticket for June 25 (Gran Abono) and June 26 (Función Extraordinaria). As you mentioned, the ticket prices are lower the night of the Función Extraordinaria. It it always second cast for an extraordinaria?
This might be the only time I get to see an opera there so am tempted to splurge for the Gran Abono.

Especially if this might be the only time you get to see an opera, I will shout from the rooftops “Go Big or Stay Home!” It’s the Colon, do it right.

Are there major stars for the Gran Abono? if not. why spend so much more? I think the Extraordinaria will be fine. Platea fairly close to the stage is best in my opinion. Also avoid the boxes. Either you are too far from the stage or you have an annoying lateral view and the seats are not comfortable. They are comfortable in the Platea.

Back