Where to sit at the opera in Teatro Colon

Tim44

Registered
Hello
My wife and I want to see the opera Norma in November... as the seats are expensive any suggestions as to value view and comfort would be most appreciated.
Tim A

I agree, orchestra or box BUT if you get box seats, get there real early because the seats in the box aren't reserved and if you wind up with the back row (or even 2nd row) the seats suck. You can't see unless you stand up.

T/

Platea close to stage. Palcos are not good, too far from stage or at an angle. Uncomfortable seats and as stated above, if in back row even worse. If there is an extraordinaria (non subscription) performance prices will be lower but it will be the second cast.

As 60-year Colon opera goers, we have tried boxes, platea, "gallinero" and everything in between. The acoustics are best in Cazuela or Tertulia, front row center. Those seats have the added advantage of affording a view of the stage as a whole, while sparing the viewer the depressing sight of the tenor's platform shoes, or the soprano's three chins.

I agree, orchestra or box BUT if you get box seats, get there real early because the seats in the box aren't reserved and if you wind up with the back row (or even 2nd row) the seats suck. You can't see unless you stand up.

T/

Many thanks for you reply. Much appreciated... Tim
As 60-year Colon opera goers, we have tried boxes, platea, "gallinero" and everything in between. The acoustics are best in Cazuela or Tertulia, front row center. Those seats have the added advantage of affording a view of the stage as a whole, while sparing the viewer the depressing sight of the tenor's platform shoes, or the soprano's three chins.

Many thanks for you reply. Very helpful and much appreciated... Tim

As 60-year Colon opera goers, we have tried boxes, platea, "gallinero" and everything in between. The acoustics are best in Cazuela or Tertulia, front row center. Those seats have the added advantage of affording a view of the stage as a whole, while sparing the viewer the depressing sight of the tenor's platform shoes, or the soprano's three chins.[/QUOTE]

Personally I think those seats are too far from the stage. Depends on what individual prefereces of course.

Back