Which Android Phone To Buy Here (Cost/value)?

I have the Galaxy s3 too...& the galaxy note 2.....the GN2 is termed as a 'phablet' (phone/tablet combo)...I never need to take my netbook out to the coffee shop any more...I love the GS3 but if you can get used to the bigger 5.5" screen on the GN2 you will be amazed at the possibilities especially with the extra function of the S-pen (stylus kind).

Have a peak ....

If you can break the psychological "all mobile phones are not to go beyond the 4 inch limit "mind barrier you'll find the contrary, you're actually carrying less... something that is half the size of the smallest tablet with triple the functionality. The S-Pen adds another dynamic where you get a lot more value from you precious 5.5" LCD real-estate . It's the best business tool to have in your pocket. And talking about the 'pocket'..with my galaxy note 2 at first I felt a difference in size while carrying it in my jean pockets, but now I don't feel it anymore & my Galaxy S3 feels like a small toy, too small.

....and yes I know...maybe I should be working for samsung :)

In case you change your mind about the android part, I have a brand new 64GB 4S that I'd be willing to part with.

In case you change your mind about the android part, I have a brand new 64GB 4S that I'd be willing to part with.

--PhilipDT, could you please PM me the details of your phone (unlocked status, price, color, accessories, where purchased, any usage by other person, etc.)? Thanks...

Just remember that the cellular system in Argentina is still working at 2g status. No matter how great a phone you buy , it is only as fast as the system that supports it. WHy spend a lot of money on a phone thats works on a system that is 2 generations , or 5 years behind Europe and the USA ? Of course Japan ahead of everyone.......

I've seen S3's NEW for about 5k on Mercadolibre and various shops.
Be wary of 'too good to be true' new phone bargains (mainly on ML) on phones like these as often they are hot and can be made unusable by the operator.
I drool over the S3.........................

Hey French Jurist, how about a Samsung Galaxy? They are pretty good value for money here and decent phones.

I bought a Samsung Galaxy Ace last year as its very popular. Its amazingly compact and powerful. However the battery is too small and drains very quickly. It also has only 188mg for apps. I have a 16gig card which I thought would give me alot of freedom but many of the apps must be resident on the phones memory.

I've researched these problems, there are discussions about them all over the internet. Perhaps they've been resolved, perhaps there are newer models that dont have these problems.

I suggest that you check the phone and android forums before finalizing your purchase.

Good luck.

A lot of these phones are very expensive (and really expensive in BA). There is a value to the peace of mind of carrying inexpensive products that get the job done. Android phones with small screens can be had for under $100 in the US. If you only need a few apps - like a music app - then they work perfectly fine.

http://www.amazon.com/AT-Z990-Unlocked-Android-Bluetooth/dp/B0084DYUK6/ref=pd_sim_e_4

Back