Which AR cafetera espresso is the best?

I used to buy Lavazza espresso in jumbo here but it hasn't been in any stores since about Dec on last year. Not many imports make it this far anymore. I would make in my little oster that I bought when I got here. Wasn't sure how long this gig would last so I didn't want to commit to anything.

I used to buy Lavazza espresso in jumbo here but it hasn't been in any stores since about Dec on last year. Not many imports make it this far anymore. I would make in my little oster that I bought when I got here. Wasn't sure how long this gig would last so I didn't want to commit to anything.
If one is going to go all out on a nice machine the least one should do is order ones beans or grinds from speciality roasters like LAB coffee etc.

Buying supermarket-grade Lavazza is a bit like going to a hooker for a hug... so to speak.

If one is going to go all out on a nice machine the least one should do is order ones beans or grinds from speciality roasters like LAB coffee etc.

Buying supermarket-grade Lavazza is a bit like going to a hooker for a hug... so to speak.

It works well in my $100 oster now. I can't find anything else ground here that is fine enough to give me pressure.

Is LAB coffee in BA? I googled them and it looks like there's two places in BA. It's be nice to have stuff like this here

It works well in my $100 oster now. I can't find anything else ground here that is fine enough to give me pressure.

Is LAB coffee in BA? I googled them and it looks like there's two places in BA. It's be nice to have stuff like this here
Yes but they have an online shop, actually quite a few roasteries do. They should be able to deliver via OCA or correos since it’s not exactly perishable.
If you ask them to grind the beans for you tell them what machine you have etc and they will know what to do. Sometimes these cafes can also give you advise on what machine to buy or where to get a grinder of your own etc. Contact them via WhatsApp or mail via their websites.

in case you want to pony up, i just found they have a local distributor for the moccamaster surprisingly.

in case you want to pony up, i just found they have a local distributor for the moccamaster surprisingly.

I saw that the other day... I'll just wait and bring one myself rather than pay double for it here. The pain of waiting will make me appreciate it more.

I finally figured out how to search for big boy cafeteras on mercado libre and I'm seeing several Argentine brands manufactured in BA.

Only deal is, when you go to the manufacturer website there are no specs on the machines or prices listed. Just a picture of the machine.... I guess you're supposed to call or something to get the information on the machines. I'm not in BA so I can't visit to see build quality.

Anyone here have any input on which are good quality and which are piles of crap?

I'm looking at:
Rilo
La Valente
Monaco
Saeco
Gardella
Galli
Did you end up buying anything/ learn anything along the way? I'm trying to decide whether to try one of the national brands or buy a Breville/Delonghi/Gaggia back in the US and lug it back. The updated La Valente Olivia models look very cool but I can't find any reviews from coffee nerds.

Did you end up buying anything/ learn anything along the way? I'm trying to decide whether to try one of the national brands or buy a Breville/Delonghi/Gaggia back in the US and lug it back. The updated La Valente Olivia models look very cool but I can't find any reviews from coffee nerds.
Brought a gaggia classic pro from the states. Modded it with all the upgrades (also brought from the states). Brought grinder from states and hot water kettle. Grinders are available here but at twice the cost or more.

I originally bought a profitec machine but it didn't arrive in time to make it on the plane here. In the end I'm happy that situation occurred and I only spent 700 instead of 4000.i really like my little gaggia.

Wife and I use the chemex a lot also since she prefers a lighter taste of filter coffee.

Back