Who is Stayin Alive?

A woman is not the source of having happiness. As far as this life is concerned if your dead there is no happy your dead. I have my work and many other things I derive happiness from. The main issue with my wife was the magical ARG I am going to stick my head in the sand and if you try to bring it out or make me aware of anything but there is nothing wrong..... you're a problem. She was bitching daily about my taking common-sense precautions.

I am actually a lot happier with her gone. No one biting at me no more bickering and I can go about this life for now practicing common sense. The virus is nothing to be afraid of if you practice common-sense. The problem is people that will not faithfully practice common-sense. I think for her I was the reality she did want to come to terms with and so I was the brunt of constant issues and those issues are over as she is gone.

URU is opening up they think they beat this thing and many people are like this is Uruguay no pasa nada. OK let's see the next few months will tell. Now it is time to hide as they just might throw common-sense right out the window. We shall see.

A woman is not the source of having happiness. As far as this life is concerned if your dead there is no happy your dead. I have my work and many other things I derive happiness from. The main issue with my wife was the magical ARG I am going to stick my head in the sand and if you try to bring it out or make me aware of anything but there is nothing wrong..... you're a problem. She was bitching daily about my taking common-sense precautions.

I am actually a lot happier with her gone. No one biting at me no more bickering and I can go about this life for now practicing common sense. The virus is nothing to be afraid of if you practice common-sense. The problem is people that will not faithfully practice common-sense. I think for her I was the reality she did want to come to terms with and so I was the brunt of constant issues and those issues are over as she is gone.

URU is opening up they think they beat this thing and many people are like this is Uruguay no pasa nada. OK let's see the next few months will tell. Now it is time to hide as they just might throw common-sense right out the window. We shall see.
Sounds like the marriage was not a good one - nothing much to save. What a difficult, disappointing lot the poor woman drew....! She, too, must be happier now she's not under anyone;s control..

Last edited:
Easy for you to say that you'd rather die happy than live miserable. Wait till you are really about to die, and then tell us again if that's your view!
It's my view, I did not make that statement lightly. I have pondered this thought for many years.

QUALITY of life is better than QUANTITY.

I love life. I certainly want to live, but when someone is very unhappy, life has no enjoyment, at least from my point of view, it's just misery.

I am not talking about momentary unhappiness. I am talking about long term depression. (I don't suffer from it.) When a person is a shell of themselves and going through the motions, it's just not good.

....I am actually a lot happier with her gone. No one biting at me no more bickering and I can go about this life for now practicing common sense. The virus is nothing to be afraid of if you practice common-sense. The problem is people that will not faithfully practice common-sense. I think for her I was the reality she did want to come to terms with and so I was the brunt of constant issues and those issues are over as she is gone....
Relationships will deteriorate over time when chipped away one stone at a time. Do you really believe that it was the pandemic which caused the drift between the two of you?

Relationships will deteriorate over time when chipped away one stone at a time. Do you really believe that it was the pandemic which caused the drift between the two of you?
My God - That ("Relationships will deteriorate over time when chipped away one stone at a time.") was brilliant!

Did you quote something? Or was that your thought?

That part of your post just became something I am going to carry with me for the rest of my life.

Thanks Gracielle.

My God - That ("Relationships will deteriorate over time when chipped away one stone at a time.") was brilliant!
Did you quote something? Or was that your thought?
That part of your post just became something I am going to carry with me for the rest of my life.
Thanks Gracielle.
My thought based on general observations of the human species.

We would have been fine if I had been willing to play there is no virus or anything to worry about or protect myself from. We had an amazing summer here on the coast of URU with a lot of the family and trips, tourism etc. The relationship was solid as I see it but I am not playing anything is going on. I worked in nursing it causes one to have an entirely different mentality is a situation like this. This virus is not a joke even if you survive it can mess you up on a level that I find shocking including messing up your mental health, no I am not playing with this.

She was in the other house supposed to be in quarantine to come back. I went to take something to her she requested this morning. Well, what do you know she was on her way to have tea with her friends at one of their houses. I know these people do not practice quality social distancing at all they think URU has beaten this and it is over now. This is the most important to lay low as they reopen and people start acting like this is nothing going on. From the mind of a person that worked in nursing your mind sees this thing when your eyes cannot.

So she lies and could have potentially put me at risk with the lies. imagine if she had gotten infected (which I truly hope does not happen) while lying that was in the quarantine and then came back in infected me? There is no room in my life for this sort of behavior I have my business and people that are getting through this working with me. My family and more that I am very interested in staying safe and alive to continue to be the source that I am in this time for the people that I love and care about. I cannot put all that at risk to play games with her.

She just cannot handle it or so it appears and with today's episode the lawyers will be contacted first thing next week. The D is going to drop. Sure I am saddened by this but I just cannot allow this behavior which I have found both shocking and out of character for her.

So in my estimation it is the pandemic and quarantine. Those are things outside of the scope of my control and so is her free will. But I have a will to and I will do everything in power to stay safe and keep others safe.

Thanks for the feedback I will take all of into consideration.

Back