Who plans to live in Buenos Aires permanently and why?

Patricia75

Registered
I think it is interesting to know the reasons that are planned to live in Buenos Aires and the expectations.

I recently celebrated my "10 year anniversary" with Argentina, and it seems that I will not be leaving anytime soon. My husband is Argentine, and he has always been very close to his extended family here. Although I kinda already knew what I was getting into when we got married, family became especially important to him after our son was born, as mine is scattered all over the United States, whereas here, he has cousins, grandparents, etc.

I definitely have my moments of "bronca,"and fantasies about catching a one-way flight back, but I have to acknowledge that it was my choice to come here a decade ago, and that realistically, it is not likely that we will start over in the States (for various reasons).

As for my expectations??? Err... to expect the unexpected, undoubtedly!

in your case it's a mixture of affections in both countries. It's very difficult, but I think that's being lived day by day

In my case, I’m from Sweden and my husband Argentine. We met in Europe in 99 so we have been together for a long time. I left Sweden then, but we didn’t settle in Argentina until 12 years ago.
Why? Because my husband thought that family was important to him.It turns out that they are not that important, but we have since moved to Villa la Angostura and have no wish to leave, ever.
When I was young I always dreamed of living in a mountain town in the north of Sweden. Now I do, just on the other side of the globe.
I’m lucky that my parents visit us every year for six weeks and they stay in their own house. And my MIL is such a beautiful soul.

What a nice place you live in, it's really beautiful...knowing your family can visit you there!

Seven years ago I moved here to be with my (now) wife. We're both American citizens by birth.
We're happy here and have no plans to leave.
But if life for us in Argentina becomes unpleasant, we'll move somewhere else.
If we were younger or needed an income we'd be long gone.

As a local my feeling is that we are always starting over and over again and one never knows when this will be over.

Seven years ago I moved here to be with my (now) wife. We're both American citizens by birth.
We're happy here and have no plans to leave.
But if life for us in Argentina becomes unpleasant, we'll move somewhere else.
If we were younger or needed an income we'd be long gone.
unpleasant in what sense jeff

My wife and kids are from here. I wish they weren't. I wish I could move as I don't like this city a lot. Sign me up for Villa La Angostura.

Back