whole turkey

angieinba

Registered
hi!
does anyone know where i can find a whole turkey bird? i haven't seen them in the markets - coto or disco.
i am trying to get all my fixin's for my thanksgiving dinner this weekend and the turkey is the only thing missing. help! :eek:;)

They were selling them at Wal-Mart. (one on La Plata Autopista going to Quilmes).

They had a few frozen ones at the Carrefour on Santa Fe. I'm afraid I didn't get the street number but around near Alto Palermo shopping.

I posted this under a different thread, but wanted everyone to know this guy has great fresh farm turkeys you can order...had one last year and it was fantastic!!
They deliver too....you'll need to speak Spanish to order over the phone though.
I have been ordering chicken and eggs from them for over a year now...best I have found!!!
I am not sure of the price on the turkeys....sorry.

La Granja
de Ricardo Atapuerca
Juramento 2527 - Local 33
Capital Federal
4781-1243

They are located inside the Belgrano enclosed market....in the back corner next to the rear door that leads to the parking lot....

The last order I got the eggs were 10 pesos a dozen and worth every penny HUGE brown eggs with a yolk so orange! The whole chicken was 12.80 a kilo...and the supremas were 21.80 a kilo....on the supremas they still have the "chicken tenders" attached, so I remove those and do another meal with those..

If I remember right the chicken are from Cordoba...raised on a farm...:)

***also as you come in the main door off the street there's a fantastic cheese shop to your left...the meats they have are wonderful too!

note that they do close mid day....maybe 2-4 ....just don't remember....

EvergreenGal said:
I posted this under a different thread, but wanted everyone to know this guy has great fresh farm turkeys you can order...had one last year and it was fantastic!!
They deliver too....you'll need to speak Spanish to order over the phone though.
I have been ordering chicken and eggs from them for over a year now...best I have found!!!
I am not sure of the price on the turkeys....sorry.

La Granja
de Ricardo Atapuerca
Juramento 2527 - Local 33
Capital Federal
4781-1243

They are located inside the Belgrano enclosed market....in the back corner next to the rear door that leads to the parking lot....

The last order I got the eggs were 10 pesos a dozen and worth every penny HUGE brown eggs with a yolk so orange! The whole chicken was 12.80 a kilo...and the supremas were 21.80 a kilo....on the supremas they still have the "chicken tenders" attached, so I remove those and do another meal with those..

If I remember right the chicken are from Cordoba...raised on a farm...:)

***also as you come in the main door off the street there's a fantastic cheese shop to your left...the meats they have are wonderful too!

note that they do close mid day....maybe 2-4 ....just don't remember....

THANKS SOOO MUCH for this info.
i called, ordered my turkey and within 2 hours it was at my door.
an 8 kilo turkey cost me about $120 pesos. not bad.

can't wait to roast it tomorrow!

thanks again!

My favorite store for beef and poultry has turkeys all year long ( fresh organic turkey ) along with exotic meats ( they even have deer )

Lavalle 3501 y Billinghurst
Capital Federal
Buenos Aires, Argentina
4866-1108
15-4974-7275
http://www.delicateses.com.ar/

They deliver in the city, the owner is 3rd generation of butchers in the family.

Angie....
You are so welcome!!! They are such nice people glad they could get you a turkey so quickly!!!

Let me know how it turned out!!
EvergreenGal

nikad said:
My favorite store for beef and poultry has turkeys all year long ( fresh organic turkey ) along with exotic meats ( they even have deer )

Lavalle 3501 y Billinghurst
Capital Federal
Buenos Aires, Argentina
4866-1108
15-4974-7275
http://www.delicateses.com.ar/

They deliver in the city, the owner is 3rd generation of butchers in the family.

i love this carnicería! they have lamb, deer, goat, etc. they don't always have everything 'in stock' so you need to inquire if you are planning a dinner with specific recipes.

Back