Who's bought tortilla chips recently and where?

allcraz

Registered
Just bought 7 beautiful huge avocados for 10 pesos (strolling along Santa Fe last night near Pueyrredon - hoping they'll ripen soon) and I was about to make a tortilla chip order on Pancho Villa's site, but they are "under construction" til June 11th. So, who has bought edible tortilla chips recently and where? I'm not going to run all over the city looking for them, so if it's somewhat near Cordoba/Facultad de Medicina that's even better! Coto Abasto maybe? Thanks!

I've found it's hit and miss and depends on WHICH supermarket, which is why I asked, but thanks, hopefully that will be the case!

I buy them at a fiambre y queso place on mt street, 20 pesos a pack (was 12 pesos 11 months ago) but anyways it's on arenales and Callao, I can never find them at Carrefour!

Just learned that Doritos Dips (blue bag) are in a lot of stores (Carrefour, Coto). They're pretty classic though a bit salty.

Sadly I've resigned myself to Dorito chips (in Coto, cheese falvour I think) but haven't found plain flavoured chips anywhere!

Hola!!

There is a new 'specialty store' in Palermo Soho on Thames. It's at the corner of a small side street, I think Sta Rosa. It's definitely between Gorriti y Costa Rica. I saw big bags of tortilla chips there a few days ago. THEY WERE 40 PESOS, which I think is crazy but the bag was a decent size. Also, in china town you can find 'Nachos' for around 15 pesos a bag. The quality isn't as good as the 40 peso bag, but it's also half the size.

Good luck!

I was in Carrefour at Paseo Alcorta on Monday and saw tortilla chips--both Macritos (they're in a red box) and plain Doritos tortilla chips (shiny silver bag). These are the closest I've found to real tortilla chips here.

You can order them to be delivered or pick them up one of several dropoff places from Pancho Villa. They're pretty good, and it's one of the only places I've found where you can buy corn tortillas as well.

Casa China in Barrio China carries the Macritas brand. So does our local chino super on Monroe and O'Higgins, but that probably won't help you! Go with Pancho Villa!

Back