Who's bought tortilla chips recently and where?

Carrrefour in Palermo USUALLY has them and Disco sometimes too. It's hit and miss but they are decent chip and it's the only choice.

Bodego Amparo on Darwin b/w Cabrera & Gorriti has the best tortilla chips. the kind you find in the US not the dorito version. the store in general is fabulous - great cheese, basmati rice, etc. imported goods, wines, sprites, pastas, etc. all moderately priced.

I second Pancho Villa delivery, especially for REAL corn and flour tortillas, but also the tortilla chips!

Thanks everyone. There were none at Coto Abasto the night I posted, so I just went with Doritos. I did see where they might have been - next to the taco shells, but their "imports" seemed severely understocked as if they were just selling what was left. I'll try out Pancho Villa when they're back in business and keep the other places in mind that were mentioned.

Random but I just bought plain tortilla chips at Disco right near Facultad de Medicina/ Cordoba. Pretty sure they are Doritos brand, plain.

It looks like they're also in stores like Libertad and some Discos (maybe outside of CABA), but Antomex has the best tortilla chips I've had here, by a large margin. Not real greasy, a little thicker, but GREAT flavor.

I found mine at Pick Market in Recoleta.

HELLO barrio china has really good nachos ever so often, i'm not sure where it's the macritas brand but they're amazing. barrio chino has the best imported stuff, in my opinion.....

You know I was thinking...for anyone who is anxious to start a delivery business - there might be a lot of interest for someone who could shop in Barrio Chino and/or other random places for people (mostly expats who are searching for items not easily found all over Capital) and do deliveries. Because it's one thing to say "it exists" and yet a whole other thing to actually go find it. I NEVER get out there (to Barrio Chino) but know there are so many things I would buy if I did. Just a thought.

So, totally random, but there is a vegetable stand on Borges two or three blocks from Santa Fe on a corner (you can't miss it) and they ALWAYS have tortilla chips, no joke. I lived on Borges a while back right near the Cordial super market and tortilla chips were really hit or miss there, but for some reason this vegetable stand always had them and as far as I can remember they weren't too bad price wise and tasted pretty good!

Super excited we bought Taco's from Carrefour in Recoleta yesterday!

A little expensive at around £6 for the pack...(taco's, spices and sauce) but well worth it :)

Back