Who's Getting The Better Deal? Renting Question

We signed our rental contract on May 2014 and our rent increase is 15% every 6 months. I explained our experience in details in this thread and other members contributed with insights - worth looking.

We too have a parking spot we don't need and we are looking to rent it out. However it never occurred to me that other tenants might complain. We asked to our landlord and he said it was okay. So far, we haven't been able to rent it out, which is a pity since the estacionamento next door charges 15 ARS per 30 minutes. But here in historic San Isidro the busy days are Mon-Fri, on Sat and Sun it becomes a ghost town. We are asking around ARS 800, but I we didn't really research about that. We just want to cover the rental expenses with that money.

We earn in EUR and USD and so far we are still in the first semester. We started by paying the equivalent of €380 (June 2014) and we are now (October) paying the equivalent of €300. Next month we shall pay ARS 6670, which as of today are equivalent to €333, so we are still getting the better deal.

Our rent raises 12.5%/ 6 months. YES It's a great deal (if you earn in foreign currency). Dollar goes up, rent gets cheaper. Rises 12.5%, sort of evens out (but at the current rate of inflation, is not evening out, is just getting cheaper). And so on and so forth. If you like the place, GO FOR IT.

Back