Why are we losing our hair?

has anyone here thought that just daily life makes you pull it out?

I don't think the levels of the bad sulfates (there are ok ones) are significantly higher than in the US or Canada (I avoid them there too). Two years ago I hunted high and low and the closest to sulfate free is actually the Revlon Professional line shampoo (aqua colour) - it has some, but the SLS is almost the last ingredient contrary to almost any other, including rather natural brands eg Weleda, Klorane, where it is the generally the second ingredient.

Now there are a few totally sulfate-free shampoos, among others the Biolage Delicato line and at least one of the L'oreal professional line. You can buy these at Las Margaritas beauty supply which is on Cordoba almost at the corner of Scalabrini Ortiz.

I personally find my hair better here since I eat more meat(and veggies, and almost no packaged food of any form - I may eat less variety but I'd say better than home in general). I am no expert but I do know that when you treat your hair with protein, you also need to treat it with moisture bc the protein strengthens it BUT dries it out. Perhaps something similar happens when you eat more protein and it requires different/ better moisture?

I just want to put it out there that hair may fall out due to malnutrition. :p When I went to college I didn't eat as well as I should, and my hair started to fall out in clumps! Eating healthy is a little more challenging here, especially if you're not keeping up with the fruits and veggies.

My hair actually looks better here... haha :D I think the "drying out" works for me since my hair is naturally oily. I wash it maybe twice a week and I'm good. We don't have city water here though, we're in provincia, not sure if it matters. Layered haircuts done witha razor (which many stylists like to use) make hair seem more frizzy and not as healthy as well if you don't blowdry or iron - which just leads to more dryness.

There's a lot of shampoos that are "anti caida" as well which supposedly stop your hair from falling out, but just like the ones that claim to give you salon hair right out of the bottle, I'm not sure I believe it. :rolleyes: Perhaps they are less drying though.

Apparently after 7 years all the cells in your body (not brain) have been replaced, so if your in your eighth year your now an Argentine :D

It is a toxic city, and we eat unhealthy here, and we are stressed,a build up of toxins and thus you will lose your hair. Use flax seed water, put it on hair and that will give it some strength or use the aloe vera you see growing on the side walk and rub that on your hair, that will help tremendously. And to conditioner your hair, use white vinegar, 1/3 ratio. This will help a lot. And for shampoo, don't waste your money on shampoos, just use a bar of soap, soak it in water add aloe, green tea, and use that. Feed your hair like a plant, and feed your body like a plant, don't eat out, cook at home, you will eat less meat and prob more veggies.

Back