Why are you staying?

bf4

Registered
Noise is deafening (As if weren't in LA or Manhattan)
Pollution by buses and cars is untolerable (Of course you belong to a country that deliberately rejected the toyko protocol and who takes "seriously" their ecological compromises, jaja)
Argentines are the most uncivilized/selfish/self-centered citizends on earth- But let me tell you for those who have travelled enough the world's most hated citizens and by far! are americans (no doubt) Asia, Africa, Europe...but let us be honest.whereever you go identifying yourself as an american is a minus.
The American's dream is more than ever reacheable to everybody (that's why more and more people find it impossible to keep their HMO). But money is not a problem. No it is isn't. Even if more jobs keep fleeing to India, Pakistan etc. Salaries are stagant....
Life Style, that's not an issue. Even if in New Jersey, LA,Miami/Atlanta, your commute time was 1.45, (on the lower end) and on Saturdays and sundays you used to make beds, laundry, cook, air the carpets, etc....Not to speak of manhattan's/Hoboken's/Pavonia's subways, colectivos 60's on rush hours seem limous
So all in all following american mentality where those making anything below 11 figures are losers, I guess that's the only explanation I can find for your stay in this horrible country, where with a usd 2000 income retirement you can live as many of you have never nor will never live in your own countries. Too bad you had to traveled south to find paradise.
My recommendation: Don't spit out on American's heaven.
Bonne soiree
P.S Please no notes JC, I believe firmly in freedom of speech, and once again those who are in need of ansiolitics because of the noice try Mointevideo (It bores me to death almost as DC!) but many among you might enjoy it. NO NOISE!

I see the purpose very clear:
If BA is chaos, their residents don't stand to the most basic human virtues, life is unbearable, o.k it is cheap, very cheap but even that won't make up such a horrible experience as many expats are describing, then why don't you go back?
What is holding you here? After all, the world is a big place isn't it?

P.S: Should we all bow to the US and the American dream to be allowed to post in this forum, maybe you should have made that cleared to new members . No voices that disrupt the forum's politically correct standpoint. are admitted..?

I beg your pardon but NOW I see your intent CLEARLY.
So today it is the US Americans that you want to drive out of Argentina, so tomorrow you go after the Jews, Muslims, Asians, Catholics, Protestants...You must have the infinite wisdom and energy to drive all these people out of Argentina. Good luck to you.
From what I can see, and I can see far, there is a slight negative experrience that had happen to you and the US Americans - hate and intolerance is not a very good color for anyone to be wearing. If you want tolerance to be accorded to your fellow argentinians who are working hard in other countries, think how bad they must feel when other people tell them to go home!
Remember there is so much hatred, intolerance, misunderstanding and stupidity in the world that we should take the high road and not participate and feed this negative vibe - be better than the ones you feel disdain towards.
Critics will always be there - just do not get sucked into that vortex. It is never breeds anything good and worthwhile.
If you are not happy with Americans in BsAs, do what I do, ignore them and what they say. You know your truth and that is that.

"bf4" said:
P.S: Should we all bow to the US and the American dream to be allowed to post in this forum, maybe you should have made that cleared to new members . No voices that disrupt the forum's politically correct standpoint. are admitted..?
Not a single person has been banned from this site so far. And we have had a variety of opinions on different subjects. Many americans are coming here because they are unhappy about current situation in the US.
I don't think the way you ask your question is very encouraging, and that's why you didn't get any answers. It looks like you are asking "why don't you all go home?" in a little bit more elaborate way. And we have been through this like a gazillion times.

I have to admit one of my reasons for staying is to avoid winter in Canada.
I also like the coffee here.

"Grazie" said:
No, sorry, you are reading through lines and making me say sthg I never said. I don't want to drive anybody out of Argentina just curious if they are soooo unhappy, then what is it keeping them here? Isn't it just basic logic? If I were unhappy at xyz place I would leave, just as I did in 2003. . But you answered in a typical american way.....Or you are with us or against us. Bush Fundamentalism....
so tomorrow you go after the Jews, Muslims, Asians, Catholics, Protestants...You must have the infinite wisdom and energy to drive all these people out of Argentina. Good luck to you.
This is way too much. You are watching too many soap operas....In fact, I love muslim and asian culture, remember that some bad apples don't represent the wholse scenario....Needless to say their IQ is somewhere between twice or three times above the american average Ooops....that wasn't politically correct.
From what I can see, and I can see far, there is a slight negative experrience that had happen to you and the US Americans - hate and intolerance is not a very good color for anyone to be wearing. If you want tolerance to be accorded to your fellow argentinians who are working hard in other countries, think how bad they must feel when other people tell them to go home!
Little Grazie, you got it all wrong I had no negative experience with americans -let be tell you I was always tolerated, I just don't like the culture, I respect it, yes, but I don't blend in, and I'm not alone with it. But to make it clear I have nothing against Jews, muslims, pakis, hindus, europeans, many of whom your own country seems to be chasing ....and treating like animals.......In fact, I had a wonderful experience, multicultural experience studying with muslims, hindus, pakis, jjews and so many other people. Never one problem in three years. So I beg you think twice before opening your mouth since you know NOTHING about my own LIFE and don't like ANYBODY TO stand up as a judge just because I felt up to criticize american culture and its diverse manifestations (cinema, architecture, food, foreign politics, clothes). I'm sorry you make your money that way....
Remember there is so much hatred, intolerance, misunderstanding and stupidity in the world that we should take the high road and not participate and feed this negative vibe - be better than the ones you feel disdain towards.
I agree that's why foreigners in this case americans with only some months in the country should try to adaptate instead of whining about noise and other stupidities specially when their country doesn't stand out as model for human rights, if we think of hatred, misunderstanding, disdain, shouldn't they be giving the example and keeping their mouth shut since they are here as mere guests? just as I did during my brief stint in the USA? And once again I don't feel disdain, I just don't feel anything, I don't think they are entitled to this sharp criticism......Or when you visit sbdy you highlight their negative points and discuss their history as if you had a phd on Argentine History, they make me laugh after 3 months in this country they feel entitled to discuss what went wrong, the causes of our so called failed progress, "the so called blame and denial". God! On what grounds! 3 months in San Telmo and they already graduated in Argentine History.
Critics will always be there - just do not get sucked into that vortex. It is never breeds anything good and worthwhile.
If you are not happy with Americans in BsAs, do what I do, ignore them and what they say. You know your truth and that is that.
It's never enough to know your truth, your truth should be known to others......that's the purpose of literature, cinema and all other cultural manifestation among which I include blogs, forums, etc. there has never been a better time to let the truth be known.

bf4, the truth , in the age of soundbytes and nanosecond attention span, sadly , is relative. Your truth is your truth. A free thinking man should never impose his truth to others. What I was referring to is being authentic, one can never be authentic if you seek validations of your truth through others. Religions are founded on that premise. A Catholic's (romano catolico) truth is not necessarily a Jewish person's truth, does that make one better than the other - absolutely not. So, I was imploring truth to thyself and not truth for all. What is true to you is your perception of things that surround you, your past, your values, your family background, your beliefs - and no two people are alike - so no two truth are alike. That is why truth is relative to ones own perception - exactly that - what is true to you may not necessarily be truth to another. Personal truth needs no validation from another,especially from another subjective being - man/ person. Just be true to yourself and your truth will set you free. And the highest level of freedom - is personal.

Back