Why Argentina Faces an Economic Crisis. Again (Wall Street Journal)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I must admit being surprised the liberal whiners here aren't blaming Trump for the economic problems in Argentina as he surely (according to liberal logic) must have coerced the Kirchner clan to help themselves to Argentina's treasury.

I must admit being surprised the liberal whiners here aren't blaming Trump for the economic problems in Argentina as he surely (according to liberal logic) must have coerced the Kirchner clan to help themselves to Argentina's treasury.

Yes, at the previous BA Liberal meeting we discussed how the Apprentice led to Kirchner corruption.

Is this impeachment thing triggering you or something?

Yes, at the previous BA Liberal meeting we discussed how the Apprentice led to Kirchner corruption.

Is this impeachment thing triggering you or something?
My question is do liberals in Bs As howl at the moon like their American counterparts? That's a rhetorical question.

It wouldn't be unreasonable if it was working, but the net effect of the paywalls is that
people just stop reading on the Internet everything that has a paywall. People may agree
that print is disappearing, but they also feel that since they've been receiving free news
from the radio and tv for decades -- at the cost of some advertizing thrown in during the
news reports -- they shouldn't have to pay anything to the print pubs, which offer them
perhaps better news but also still a good deal of advertizing. I do subsrcibe to the
NYTimes online and every other paragraph in any story is a block ad for some car,
some clothing, some vacation deal, something, and it's all mixed in with the news
so I can't get rid of it.

So they want it both ways but are finding that they can't have it that way.

I am willing to pay for quality journalism. I find the WSJ the most informative and objective ((incidentally, for those who don't know, they don't like Trump) as well as having the best writing. I subscribe to the NYT also but am very discouraged at how their partisan views have entered what should be objective news stories. The ads don't bother me - I simply ignore them. I fail to see how newspapers can continue with free online access when print is disappearing. A US newspaper editor told me that he thinks that within five years there will be very little left in the form of print papers aside from some community papers.

I am willing to pay for quality journalism. I find the WSJ the most informative and objective ((incidentally, for those who don't know, they don't like Trump) as well as having the best writing. I subscribe to the NYT also but am very discouraged at how their partisan views have entered what should be objective news stories. The ads don't bother me - I simply ignore them. I fail to see how newspapers can continue with free online access when print is disappearing. A US newspaper editor told me that he thinks that within five years there will be very little left in the form of print papers aside from some community papers.
But rags like the ny times, wapo and boston globe are excellent for picking up dog excrement from the streets or cleaning glass. They'll be sorely missed.

My question is do liberals in Bs As howl at the moon like their American counterparts? That's a rhetorical question.

You interpret that way because you are a conservative and don't agree with their point of view. Someone who is liberal will feel the same way about the intellectuals on Fox & Friends.

I find it amusing that you think "liberals" is some sort of insult. I am a beatnik atheist who was a hippie, then a punk rocker. Me and my kind always considered US "liberals" to be right of center, and thus, pretty worthless. From my viewpoint, the difference between a "liberal" and a "conservative" is a hair or two. Hardly worth considering.
I dont howl at the moon, or whine- too old for either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back