Why can't I get what I pay for at Starbucks?

BartyBoy said:
Seriously people...get a life

Wow, you came out of hiding since May to share that enlightening post?

Seriously.. go back under the rock from which you crawled from.

I go back to my earlier argument - one that is obviously shared by some here.

Why on earth would you go to Argentina and visit Starbucks, McDonalds, Burger King or freakin' Wal-Mart?

wineguy999 said:

Why on earth would you go to Argentina and visit Starbucks, McDonalds, Burger King or freakin' Wal-Mart?

Never been to McD's, BK and never seen a Wal-Mart in BA...

There are times when I want something that is familiar (Starbucks) not all the time but sometimes. I know I'm paying a premium and I accept that, what I don't accept is poor shotty service and a substandard product but that's with anything be it airline, grocery store etc...

BTW... I have not been back to Starbucks. I bought a big jar of instant Nescafe Dolca Sauve AR$13. I froth the milk, add the coffee, teaspoon of pure vanilla extract and splenda... VOILA PERFECT :)

wineguy999 said:

Why wouldn't you?

iStar said:
I agree.

Although I happen to point out Starbucks, I believe the "problem" is the lack of customer service in general here in Buenos Aires.

I'll never complain about customer service in North America again!

Have you noticed that they only hire Colombians and Mexicans and other "Latins"*1 at Starbucks? Maybe they figured out these Latin usually students are more cheerful than your typical smug porteño.

Maybe they will apply the same concept when they turn TGI Fridays into a... Bennigan's!!! down at Alto Palermo.

*1 Because you wouldn't dare say Argentina is part of Latin America, amirite? :cool:

Is there any place else besides Starbucks where you can get a 20oz coffee? And to go?

funny thread, really it is...
but it is just another thread of those demanding that things be like it is in the US.
The woman in Starbucks is right - this is Argentina, and its how its done here... If an American came to my home town in England and critisized how i pour my pint of ale then i would have a cheeky remark. And i would also take your money. Dont tell the Indians they cant cook curry how you like it and dont tell the Chinese they dont have good noodle soup.

Maté/Steak/Empanadas. was it tangobob that said stay local?

Back