Why Do Argentines Like Room Temp Warm And Stuffy?

I had to laugh when I saw this post because I love fresh air, and I feel like I’m the only one in BA who feels this way...now I know I’m not alone! If I open a car window, everyone starts commenting on how they are going to get a cold, even if it’s warm outside. When I take the train to Retiro in winter, everyone is in parkas like they are in Bariloche, and the train is broiling, but I never see anyone take one off, or even unzip them. Meanwhile, I’m suffocating. I think there is an old wives tale floating around that fresh, cool air brings on a cold. Not sure about the restricted AC usage though...maybe that’s just more expensive than heat?

Well it sure is warm in the North today! 100 real feel 111 F! I have gotten better at dealing with over the years but it is still just off the charts heat up here. I wish we had BAs weather but oh well it is what it is. The Argentinians are the same here my wife cannot even eat on the patio when it is 70F she complains she is cold and I am thinking this is perfect weather to eat outside.

Look at it on the bright side, you are not women, I feel everybody stares at me when in short sleeves, or when I open windows, ask to turn up the AC, etc think I am going through menopause...

It doesn't matter how hot and humid it is, if my abuela-in-law catches me on my way out the door, she harangues me for not wearing a sweater. My wife is the opposite though. She's gonna love Seattle when we finally get there!!

To funny, after reading this earlier today I went to check on my wife in another room she was taking a nap in 100 degrees temp. I asked if she wanted me to turn on the air conditioner. No she says, i I will get cold. Ha ha ha.. I am like wow how can she handle heat like that I have no idea as I have been sitting under the AC all day.

Back