Why Do People Bother To Put Stuff Up On Here?

Mmmm...Dr Pepper! Although I have really been craving root beer lately.

In all seriousness, I started posting here a million years ago (okay 7) when I was getting ready to move here/had just moved. It was a great source of info at the time on where to buy things or places to go or restaurants, etc. Then once I got here, I continued to use it for info and also to share my experiences and eventually after a few years, to give advice since I know how much I appreciated it when I was a newbie.

Over the past year or two, I've stopped posting as much but I do check in when I can to see what is going on. And of course read the inevitable threads on pizza, how the US sucks (and/or the affordable care act), the dollar blue, etc! :)

People on this forum are so cynical. They all have the answers. Know all about the economy, the blue rate. Cristina politics. Hate Argentina. Hate America. And usually hate themselves. If they were half as smart as they want you to think they would all be multi-millionaires living in the lap of luxury somewhere in the world not Once! Oh yeah, let's forget the useless sarcastic remarks on a daily basis.

These forums are full of obscure, unwelcoming and pessimistic people with an awkward sense of humor.

If we weren't obscure, unwelcoming and pessimistic with awkward humor and therefore awkward social skills maybe we would still be able to live in our own countries of origin?

People on this forum are so cynical. They all have the answers. Know all about the economy, the blue rate. Cristina politics. Hate Argentina. Hate America. And usually hate themselves. If they were half as smart as they want you to think they would all be multi-millionaires living in the lap of luxury somewhere in the world not Once! Oh yeah, let's forget the useless sarcastic remarks on a daily basis.

There must be a term for a statement of judgement that, prima faci, becomes exactly like the judged. :)

There must be a term for a statement of judgement that, prima faci, becomes exactly like the judged. :)

That would require the writer to have access to a mirror (which may be subject to import restrictions).

[background=rgb(249, 249, 249)]O wad some Pow'r the giftie gie us[/background]
[background=rgb(249, 249, 249)]To see oursels as ithers see us![/background]

Back